Workers at a Foxconn Technology Group campus in China staged a protest last week, threatening to jump off a building if the company did not meet their compensation demands, according to local Chinese news reports.
I just fell in love with a TV. Unfortunately, it will probably cost around $10,000, so our cohabitation plans are unlikely to come to fruition.
Polaroid finds the whole concept of a "camera-phone" a bit insulting. So it is launching a phone-camera, an Android-driven Smart Camera that is mainly for taking pictures, but can also make the occasional phone call.
Steve Ballmer gave Microsoft's last keynote at the Consumer Electronics Show Monday night, a damp squib that confirmed for some that the software maker has outstayed its welcome on CES's opening night. But whether Microsoft's departure is the beginni...
Intel has announced its first smartphone customers, signalling the arrival of Intel Inside smartphones after years of uphill struggle by the chip maker.
For audiophiles with an extra US$30,000 a new iPod dock pumps out so much bass it'll make your insides shake.
Sony plans later this year to launch a small device it is calling the SmartWatch, which links to Android phones via Bluetooth and runs a suite of custom mini-apps.
Dell on Tuesday announced its first ultrabook, the XPS 13, making some noise amid a smaller presence at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas compared to previous years.
T-Mobile is offering a calling service for iPhone and iPad users, even though it doesn't sell those devices.
Audi is showing a new dashboard concept at this year's Consumer Electronics Show that projects three separate displays onto the windshield of a car and accepts hand gestures as commands.
The local release of Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 has been set for March 23 across Australia and New Zealand.
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) will open up applications for new generic top-level domains this week, even with continued objections to the plan, the group's CEO said.
Dell laptops of the last few years have been mostly...boring. Boring, and sort of cheap-feeling. It seems as though Dell was leading the charge in a "race to the bottom", producing inexpensive and bulky laptops that could be outfitted with a wide var...
Mozilla is advancing its plans to release a version of Firefox tailored for organizations whose IT departments manage it for their employees from a central console.
Windows 8 will tame data loss and storage bloat on PCs by offering a simple form of the thin provisioning and virtualisation technology more commonly found in data centres, Microsoft has said.
There are many laptops and convertibles on the market but few represent a full realisation of what a Windows-based convertible can be – a total marriage of Windows’ features with the hardware to make the most of it. This is why Microsoft made its own device, the Surface Pro, which is now in its fourth iteration.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's upgraded Beam game-streaming service goes live, taking on Twitch and YouTube
- How to watch Donald Trump's presidential inauguration live online for free
- Microsoft's latest Windows 10 ad annoys Chrome users with taskbar pop-ups
- GeForce Now vs. GeForce Now: Nvidia's Shield and PC streaming services are wildly different
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerQLD
- FTLead Drupal Developer - Gold CoastQLD
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTManager - Field ServicesVIC
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- TPSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 3 Support ConsultantNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPTechnical Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPDynamics CRM Technical Delivery ManagerVIC
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- TPICT - Contracts and Commercial AnalystQLD
- FTMDM - ConsultantNSW
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- CCReporting AnalystVIC
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Vendor Transition - ApplicationsNSW
- TPDigital Business Analyst | AgileQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- CCService ManagerACT