American cloud providers may find themselves unable to sell to the Dutch government due to concerns that the vendors could be compelled to share data with U.S. authorities under the provisions of the Patriot Act. Similar concerns are being raised in ...
Tech stocks rose along with major indexes this week as central banks came up with a plan to ease market fears about European sovereign debt, and as key IT players including Microsoft, Intel, and Cisco held conferences for developers, users and analys...
Sharp is discontinuing the production of two of its three Galapagos tablets less then a year after launching them.
U.S. President Barack Obama has signed the America Invents Act, the first major overhaul of the U.S. patent system in about 50 years.
Oracle has added additional commercial extensions to the enterprise edition of its open-source MySQL database, further differentiating it from the community version available to anyone at no charge.
Oracle has issued an emergency patch to fix a vulnerability it says could bring down HTTP application servers it sells that are based on Apache 2.0 or 2.2.
A California man who dug up sensitive information belonging to U.S. service members on peer-to-peer networks, and then used it to order iPods, cameras, and even washing machines from an online store, was sentenced to 75 months in federal prison Thurs...
Mobile startup LightSquared struck back against a report on Thursday that it had received preferential treatment from the Obama Administration as it sought permission to build a cellular data network that appears to hurt GPS performance.
MasterCard on Thursday gave a sneak peek into the near future of mobile payment systems and said that the Google Wallet application is within weeks of being rolled out commercially.
Now that developers have in their hands a pre-release version of Windows 8 running on a special edition of the Samsung Series 7 tablet, analysts are weighing in on how many developers will ultimately build Windows tablet applications.
Microsoft claims 300 new and improved features in Windows Server 8, but after a few days in Redmond watching demos and stepping through lab sessions, we wonder whether the marketing guys accidentally left off a zero. It's hard to name a Windows Serve...
Microsoft appears to be taking a page out of Apple's play book saying it will dump plug-ins such as Adobe Flash from Internet Explorer 10 in Windows 8. Well, sort of.
The PCI Security Standards Council today is expected to issue guidelines on use of point-to-point encryption in protecting sensitive payment card data, but the narrow approach — which is focused on hardware — is raising questions.
When a late arrival thought he'd catch up on the buzz at a recent conference of CIOs, he logged into Twitter. What he found -- or rather didn't find -- amazed him.
In business discussions around technology, it can be easy to get lost in the weeds. As IT departments and media try to forecast the next new wave of applications, the viability of one platform over another gets put into question, as does the hype cyc...
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCBPM ConsultantVIC
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW