Google is apparently sick of being pushed around by patent attorneys from Microsoft and Apple.
Google has agreed to acquire Motorola Mobility to "supercharge the Android ecosystem" and protect Android against aggressive patent litigation from competitors such as Apple and Microsoft, according to company CEO Larry Page.
Google has entered into an agreement to acquire the mobile phone and tablet maker Motorola Mobility for about $US12.5 billion.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission is looking into last week's shutdown of mobile phone services on a San Francisco commuter train line.
When it comes to enterprise tech support, young employees entering the workforce for the first time seem to be more willing than their older peers to help fix a problem themselves, according to a recent survey commissioned by remote support appliance...
Microsoft has made changes to Bing's Shopping search engine designed to accelerate and simplify the product-finding process.
With most acquisitions, there are winners and losers. Google's buy of Motorola is no different, but in this case, neither of those companies comes out a winner, analysts say. "
When it comes to the fast-moving business of trading stocks, bonds and derivatives, the world's financial exchanges are finding an ally in Linux, at least according to one Linux kernel developer working in that industry.
Intel on Monday said it will issue a firmware upgrade within two weeks to fix a bug that causes its SSD 320 solid-state drives to fail, which should resolve months of criticism of the company's slow response to the problem.
Name: Scott Davidson
Amazon Web Services (AWS) learned a lot of lessons from the outage that affected its Dublin data center, and will now work to improve power redundancy, load balancing and the way it communicates when something goes wrong with its cloud, the company s...
Advanced Micro Devices on Monday announced a FirePro graphics processor for businesses that can deliver Windows desktop sessions to remote client PCs through support for Microsoft's desktop virtualization technology.
The hacking collective Anonymous released personal data on Sunday belonging to more than 2,000 public transport customers in the San Francisco area in retaliation for the Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) system's shutdown of mobile phone service on Thu...
Nokia plans on launching Windows Phone 7 handsets through China's largest mobile phone carrier as the handset maker tries to fend off competition from Android devices and Apple's iPhone.
Taiwanese chipset vendor MediaTek has developed a handset for use on China's upcoming fourth-generation (4G) mobile technology known as LTE TDD, according to a company spokeswoman.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- US Senate passes permanent ban on Internet access taxes
- Qualcomm's new LTE modem hits a gigabit and touches the future of mobile
- Google execs defend tax deal to UK legislators
- Now your phone can scan documents directly to the cloud with Box Capture
- Critical VPN key exchange flaw exposes Cisco security appliances to remote hacking
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - QlikviewVIC
- FTManual Software TesterNSW
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- FTSenior Performance Test AnalystNSW
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (CISCO/SSLVPN/Firewall) 160211/SA/551Asia
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCIteration Manager/ Sprint Manager- PenrithNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- PTService Desk OperatorSA
- CCCisco Program Manager - Data Centre/Security ImplementationNSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW