Over 90 percent of data breaches are the result of external attacks and almost 60 percent of organizations discovered them months or years later, Verizon said in a report released at the RSA security conference on Wednesday.
Facebook has acquired the team behind file-transfer startup Caffeinated Mind, which offered an on-demand peer-to-peer file sharing system.
Optus is offering Australian travellers two unlimited data roaming packs for use in selected Asia destinations.
Microsoft announced the availability of the Windows 8 Consumer preview overnight in Barcelona. If you want to try it on one of your computers, you can download the ISO file from Microsoft's Web site. You then have the option of either burning that IS...
Microsoft Wednesday released its "Consumer Preview" of Windows 8, and before Windows President Steve Sinofsky finished his presentation to reporters at Mobile World Congress 2012, downloads had begun in 70 countries.
Could there be a new iPad in our immediate future? It appears so, if Apple’s planned media event next week is any indication.
The Windows 8 Consumer Preview isn't the only new Microsoft download of interest to businesses. Also recently released was its Product Guide for Business, a 15-page PDF file that explores the most relevant Windows 8 features and technologies for busi...
A government research lab in Tennessee will deploy a new supercomputer later this year that could put the U.S. back in contention for the top spot on the list of the world's fastest supercomputers.
We'll give you a good look at the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, the Nokia 808 PureView, Huawei MediaPad 10 FHD and other standout products from the Mobile World Congress 2012.
Huawei, Huawei, Huawei. The hard-to-pronounce Chinese manufacturer is one of the most buzzed about companies at this year's Mobile World Congress (by the way, it's pronounced "wa-wei").
Chip giant Intel has confirmed that its next-generation microprocessors, code-named Ivy Bridge, will arrive around two months later than initially planned.
Evi, a voice assistant app similar to the iPhone 4S' Siri feature, could be withdrawn from the App Store, it has been reported.
McAfee used the venue of the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona as an opportunity to announce new techniques and tools for protecting mobile devices, data, and apps. Mobile devices are a huge target for malware and cyber attackers, and McAfee wants t...
The mobile world has been good to Linux, whose Android derivative has enjoyed a success that few could have predicted just a few short years ago.
Skype this week launched the GroupMe app for Windows Phone, following its August acquisition of the tool that enables free, real-time group texting. GroupMe lets you communicate instantly with up to 25 colleagues using chat, photos, and location sha...
With no financial or accounting background it can be tricky for small business owners to get on top of their financials. Reckon One can help you overcome this challenge.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
- Logitech G213 Prodigy review: An ambitious keyboard that's oversized and overpriced
- Razer Ornata review: An expensive rubber-dome keyboard that comes with a mechanical click
- Asus Strix RX 580 Gaming Top OC review: Proof that size matters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPSenior Project Manager - Life InsuranceNSW
- FTSenior Agile Test AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Test Analyst - Gov & Remedy/Service Now backgroundNSW
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- FTSenior Network Engineer - RANVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCJava Developer IntegrationQLD
- FTICT Contract AnalystWA
- FTElectronic Payments POS Business Analyst - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTIT Security RolesACT
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieNSW
- CCNetwork Architect - SecurityVIC
- CCSolution Designer with PEGA experience- TelcoVIC
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaACT
- CCSecurity Specialist - NV1ACT
- CCSolution Architect - Audio Visual/Video DomainVIC
- FTSenior Java EngineerWA
- FTDeveloper - Python, Ruby, or PerlQLD
- CCInteraction DesignerNSW
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTC# DeveloperQLD
- FTCapacity ManagerACT