Microsoft has given details on a variety of ways in which the upcoming Windows 8 operating system does a better job than its predecessors at letting users manage their connections to Wi-Fi and mobile broadband networks.
Ericsson veteran Ulf Ewaldsson will replace Hakan Eriksson as chief technology officer of the Swedish mobile equipment company but won't take his place at its Silicon Valley development center.
A Virginia judge sentenced Matthew David Howard Smith, a founder of the NinjaVideo.net website, to 14 months in prison, the U.S. Department of Justice announced Friday.
There were weak spots in the last quarter of 2011 for sector bellwethers Google, IBM, Intel and Microsoft, but corporate demand for technology appeared to remain resilient going into what is expected to be a year of slower growth for global IT spendi...
Websites that load the top of their pages with ads, forcing visitors to scroll down to view content, will take a hit on their Google rankings.
A judge on Friday shot down Oracle's offer to put its Java patent-infringement claims against Google over the Android mobile OS on hold, in exchange for a speedier trial on its copyright claims.
Intel has shuffled management as it enters a new fiscal year, appointing a new chief operating officer and new heads to run the PC and datacenter groups.
The OpenSSL Project has released new versions of the popular OpenSSL library in order to address a denial-of-service (DoS) vulnerability that was introduced by a critical patch issued on Jan. 6.
U.S. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid has postponed a vote on the controversial Protect IP Act, scheduled for Tuesday, as a growing number of senators voice opposition to the copyright enforcement bill.
Europe's Commissioner in charge of the digital agenda has asked the public what it thinks about the shutdown of file-sharing site Megaupload by U.S. authorities.
Researchers showcased unpatched security flaws in software used to control critical industrial systems by oil, gas, water and electrical distribution plants at the 2012 SCADA Security Scientific Symposium (S4) on Thursday.
Telecommunications vendors Ericsson and ZTE have signed a global cross-licensing agreement and both parties have also agreed to drop all pending litigation, Ericsson said on Friday.
The district court in Mannheim, Germany has decided that Apple did not infringe on a patent asserted by Samsung Electronics against the iPhone and iPad, as the legal battle between the two companies continues unabated.
India's Supreme Court has ruled that Vodafone did not have to withhold tax from Hutchison Telecommunications when buying its stake in 2007 in Indian mobile operator, Hutchison Essar, Vodafone said on Friday.
Nokia plans to launch a Windows Phone 7 handset for the Chinese market in the first half of this year, positioning itself to be among the first companies to officially bring Microsoft's mobile OS to the country, a Nokia spokesman said Friday.
There are many types of laptops on the market these days, but few are as versatile as a Windows Convertible laptop – whether the task is media consumption or content creation.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- A new Microsoft foldable device patent offers more grist for the Surface phone rumor mill
- Dash cam review: The Garmin Dash Cam 35 is a little bigger and better for the price
- Dash cam review: The Cobra CDR895D Drive HD offers affordable dual-channel video
- Dash cam review: The Thinkware F770 works with your smartphone
- Dash cam review: Garmin's DriveAssist 50LMT is first-class almost all the way
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTTechnical Content CoordinatorVIC
- FTLinux EngineerNSW
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- CCProject/ Operational CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- TPNetwork Security OfficerVIC
- FTAutomation TesterVIC
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)SA
- FTSDLC CoordinatorACT
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCTester (6 month contract) FinanceNSW
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerWA
- FTProject Manager (Software product development)VIC
- CCProgramme and Project SchedulerACT
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC