Nintendo has slashed its annual sales target for the flagship 3DS handheld, conceding that price cuts and a barrage of software titles were not enough to recover from a weak launch last year.
Sales of Android-based tablets more than tripled during the fourth quarter of 2011. But Apple still dominates, even as its market share dropped, according to Strategy Analytics.
NEC said it will cut 10,000 jobs, including 3,000 outside of Japan, and it now forecasts a US$1.3 billion loss in the current fiscal year through March.
Toshiba has announced its first dedicated e-reader. It will launch in February in Japan, backed by an online store with 100,000 titles, and the company may also launch the BookPlace reader outside Japan.
Rhapsody has acquired the Napster service in the U.K. and Germany, following up on its acquisition last year of Napster's U.S. operations from Best Buy.
The 4G network standards approved last week by the ITU may improve the mobile data experience soon, even if consumers don't actually see the 100M bps mobile speed for which they were designed.
SAP plans to roll out support for the ERP module within its flagship Business Suite product family on the HANA in-memory database platform in the fourth quarter of this year, executive board member and technology chief Vishal Sikka said in an intervi...
HP announced on Wednesday that it plans to release the code behind webOS in September under the Apache License, Version 2.0.
Data protection and online privacy rules proposed for the European Union could hinder the development of new Web-based business models and bog down companies with regulations, some U.S. critics said Wednesday.
Motorola has filed a new lawsuit in Florida charging Apple with infringing six patents in the iPhone 4S and four of those patents in iCloud.
IT professionals believe that assessing the potential harm caused by data breaches is more useful to mitigating the effects of such incidents than notifying affected individuals, according to a survey published on the day the European Union's propose...
Europe's proposed new laws on data protection are burdensome and expensive, but may give companies incentive to put more measures in place to secure data, according to representatives of business interests.
Internet users in the European Union will benefit from greater control over their personal data if new proposals to reform the Data Protection Directive are implemented.
Tibco has added geolocation technology to its Tibbr enterprise social-networking platform, in a move that will allow companies to use physical spaces as "data hubs," or launching points for information delivery and collection.
Amazon Web Services has launched a public beta test of AWS Storage Gateway, which allows enterprises to back up application data in Amazon's cloud using a software appliance, the company said on Tuesday.
There are many laptops and convertibles on the market but few represent a full realisation of what a Windows-based convertible can be – a total marriage of Windows’ features with the hardware to make the most of it. This is why Microsoft made its own device, the Surface Pro, which is now in its fourth iteration.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's upgraded Beam game-streaming service goes live, taking on Twitch and YouTube
- How to watch Donald Trump's presidential inauguration live online for free
- Microsoft's latest Windows 10 ad annoys Chrome users with taskbar pop-ups
- GeForce Now vs. GeForce Now: Nvidia's Shield and PC streaming services are wildly different
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCNetwork Architect / Lead Network EngineerACT
- TPIDAM ArchitectVIC
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- CCChange Manager - O365 Upgrade ProjectQLD
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)Other
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- CCDigital Business Analyst - Apps DevelopmentNSW
- TPIT Sercurity EngineerVIC
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & LendingQLD
- FTBack End DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure Technical Team LeadQLD
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCJunior Project ManagerQLD
- CCCapacity and Performance Analyst - Mainframe - Z SystemsVIC
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- TPTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Project ManagerNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Cisco ISEVIC
- CCSystems EngineerQLD
- FTMS Exchange System Engineer l PowerShell l Message LabsNSW