Wikipedia and some other Internet companies blacked out their websites in one way or the other early Wednesday in protest against controversial legislation in the U.S.
U.S. authorities acted irresponsibly when they last month labeled Alibaba Group's e-commerce sites as "notorious markets" for selling pirated and counterfeit goods, said China's Ministry of Commerce on Wednesday.
BI (business intelligence) vendor Tableau Software on Wednesday announced the availability of Tableau 7.0, a release that boosts speed and scale as well as providing what the company calls "human-oriented" design and accessibility.
AMD is preparing chipsets for thin laptops that would cost up to $200 less than an Intel-powered Ultrabook, according to a Digitimes report. AMD hopes to take down Intel's Ultrabooks on price, and is set to launch in June its platform for thin and li...
Apparently fed up with delays, Oracle said it is willing to drop its claims of patent infringement against Google if the court will hear its copyright complaints soon.
In case you needed some more proof that Android really is the operating system for budget smartphones, Telstra has today announced the release of the $129 Samsung Galaxy Y Android phone.
Clearwire will test its LTE network in two U.S. cities and China Mobile will build test networks in select Chinese cities early this year to foster development of a global ecosystem for the version of the technology they will be using.
ASUS has today announced the Australian launch of its Eee Pad Transformer Prime Android tablet. The tablet is now available outright through major Australian retailers including Harvey Norman, JB Hi-Fi and The Good Guys.
Hewlett-Packard has added chief strategy officer to former Microsoft veteran Bill Veghte's titles, the company announced Tuesday.
Despite high expectations by fans for Starbreeze Studios' reboot of the venerable Syndicate franchise as a first person shooter, the game has been denied release in Australia.
Vancouver-based developer, Radical Entertainment, has partnered with Milwaukie-based publisher, Dark Horse Comics, to create an all-new comic series based in the Prototype universe.
Yahoo co-founder Jerry Yang has left the company, the latest dramatic change at the top of the embattled Internet company.
A hearing to amend and debate the controversial Stop Online Piracy Act should resume in February, its chief sponsor said, even in the face of new opposition to the copyright enforcement bill.
Both Oracle and Google would be well-advised to center their cases around people along with a painstaking discussion of patents once their lawsuit over the Android mobile OS goes to trial, according to experts.
The Stop Online Piracy Act and the Protect IP Act being debated in the U.S. Congress still have major problems, opponents said Monday, even after the bills' lead sponsors promised to take out some much-criticized portions of the legislation.
There are many laptops and convertibles on the market but few represent a full realisation of what a Windows-based convertible can be – a total marriage of Windows’ features with the hardware to make the most of it. This is why Microsoft made its own device, the Surface Pro, which is now in its fourth iteration.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Back-end Developer/Database DesignerNSW
- FTSoftware Sales & BDMNSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- RFQ, Test Manager- Government backgroundNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Software EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- FTClient Service AdministratorNSW
- CCSupport OfficerSA
- FTEnterprise Architect - Information ManagementVIC
- FTCommercial, Contract, Vendor ManagementVIC
- CCService Desk Consultant - SYDNEY ROLE (baseline clearance)ACT
- CCSenior Automation TesterSA
- CCProject Manager - Scrum MasterNSW
- CCService Management Analyst (Part-Time)NSW
- CCAPI DeveloperQLD
- CCPerformance Test AnalystACT
- FTHadoop DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Manager- Office 365 and Core Azure servicesNSW
- CCSolution Designer and DeveloperNSW
- FTInfrastructure EngineerQLD
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- CCTechnical Writer - TelcoVIC
- FTTraining CoordinatorNSW