Facebook is working with mobile operators to make phone-based payments easier and has launched an effort to standardize HTML5 to help developers write applications for more mobile handsets, its chief technology officer announced on Monday.
Fixmo, a company that started out developing tools for the U.S. National Security Agency, is offering a new product that will automatically shut down corporate applications on compromised iOS and Android devices.
Windows Phone users now have access to the Skype Internet calling service.
Carrier IQ said it hopes that operators, some of which have disabled its software after a privacy uproar late last year, are now realizing how valuable the data its software collects is.
ZTE continues to push Windows Phone with the launch of the Orbit, a cheaper phone that aims to expand the market for Microsoft's smartphone OS.
Mobile operators highlighted cooperation with developers and other partners, while emphasizing things only they can do, in a keynote session on the opening day of Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
ZTE has put quad-core processors in a smartphone, the Era, and a tablet, the PF100, which were among a plethora of new Android-based smartphones and tablets it launched at Mobile World Congress on Monday.
Elpida Memory, the world's third-largest DRAM maker, filed for bankruptcy Monday in a Tokyo court, saying it had accumulated debts of 448 billion yen (US$5.5 billion) through March of last year.
Telefónica and Mozilla said they are collaborating on building a new mobile phone architecture based entirely on HTML5.
Nokia focused on its low-end phone offerings at Mobile World Congress on Monday, a year after announcing it would try to boost its smartphone sales by giving up its home-grown operating system in favor of Windows Phone.
China's Lenovo, already a top brand in its home country, is focused on becoming a household name in major foreign markets as the company faces the prospect of becoming the world's largest PC vendor for the first time in its history.
WikiLeaks said it planned to release from Monday over 5 million emails from Stratfor Global Intelligence, a provider of geopolitical analysis, whose website was hacked and emails and customer data stolen in December.
Samsung Electronics has expanded its portfolio of tablets with the 10-inch Galaxy Note 10.1, as the company tries to differentiate itself from the barrage of other Android-based products by allowing users to write on the screen using a digital pen, t...
Government workers might not be best known for their sense of style, but some Defense Department workers may soon be carrying Prada - the phones, that is.
Microsoft has invited the tech press to a Windows 8 event. We will undoubtedly learn more about Windows 8, and it is widely expected that Microsoft will also make the Windows 8 Consumer Preview available during the week. The most interesting aspect o...
HP OfficeJet is fast, reliable and budget-friendly for your business. Read the review to find out more!
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why I'm addicted to Mass Effect: Andromeda's gorgeous, secret Nvidia super-screenshots
- Corsair One review: Small, fast, and surprisingly quiet
- Rock Band VR review: Rock Band's roaring PC debut showcases Oculus Touch's potential
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- Obduction's new VR hand-tracking makes Myst's spiritual successor even more stunning
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCWeb Devops EngineerNSW
- FTSenior IOS DeveloperNSW
- CCMicrostrategy DeveloperVIC
- TPDeployment EngineerVIC
- FTNetwork Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperQLD
- CCAutomation TesterQLD
- CC.Net Developer - SilverlightVIC
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FTArcFM/Gis Lead DeveloperNSW
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - TelcoVIC
- TPSenior Node.JS DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT
- FTApplication Support LeadQLD
- CCApplication Support Specialist- Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW
- TPSenior SAP Time and Payroll Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCInside Sales ConsultantNSW
- CCProject MangerWA
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTJunior Applications SupportNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT