A new form of nonvolatile MRAM memory with the promise to eventually replace DRAM is slowly making its way into products, but analysts said it could be a long time before DRAM technology is cast aside.
LightSquared's proposed mobile data network was set up to fail in tests of interference with GPS that were conducted last November under government auspices, the would-be cellular carrier charged on Wednesday.
Opponents of the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) and the Protect IP Act (PIPA) cheered Wednesday's Web blackout as a turning point in the debate over the two controversial copyright protection bills.
As thousands of websites and blogs went dark Wednesday to voice their opposition to the Stop Online Piracy Act and the Protect IP Act, some U.S. lawmakers have had a change of heart about the controversial copyright enforcement bills.
Alcatel-Lucent is now offering a router with technology from Arbor Networks that defends against distributed denial-of-service attacks, the two companies said on Wednesday.
ARM hopes for a serious impact on the server market starting in 2014 when its 64-bit processor design reaches the market, CEO Warren East said.
Amazon Web Services on Wednesday launched a managed NoSQL database service that lets users easily launch a database and scale it up or down as needed.
Robert Butyka, a 26-year old Romanian man accused of hacking into multiple NASA servers, received a three-year suspended prison sentence on Tuesday after admitting his guilt.
CA Technologies has updated its CA Clarity Project Portfolio Management (PPM) software with a new user interface, one that the company hopes will appeal to a broader set of business users.
Two activist groups, one liberal and one conservative, have joined together in a campaign to defeat U.S. lawmakers supporting two controversial copyright enforcement bills, the Stop Online Piracy Act and the Protect IP Act.
Business intelligence and analytics have again become the top technology priority for CIOs, replacing cloud computing, according to a survey of 2,335 CIOs conducted by Gartner.
Vulnerability research firm Secunia <a href="http://secunia.com/blog/292/">announced</a> that, effective from the beginning of the year, software vendors will have a six-month deadline to fix vulnerabilities reported through its Vulnerability Coordin...
A Russian man and his son face various fraud charges after U.S. authorities unsealed a nine-count indictment dating from 2007 on Tuesday, according to federal prosecutors.
Samsung Electronics appears to be backtracking from earlier reports that said it was merging its own bada mobile platform with the Intel-backed Tizen operating system, stating on Wednesday that no decision on the merger has been made.
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. (TSMC) saw fourth quarter net profit drop 22.5 percent year on year, continuing the previous quarter's decline as the chip maker's customers cleared out their inventories. TSMC, however, expects business to pick...
There are many types of laptops on the market these days, but few are as versatile as a Windows Convertible laptop – whether the task is media consumption or content creation.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- CCSenior Security ConsultantACT
- FTDevOps/L2 Support EngineerVIC
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- FTCampaign AnalystVIC
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics CRM Developer/ AdministratorWA
- CCProject Finance Analyst (Contract)VIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperVIC
- FTNode Developer / ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperSA
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterNSW
- CCSenior Project EngineerACT
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)ACT
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- FTBusiness Intelligence Technical AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Consultant/ArchitectNSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Projects Engineer | Systems Integration and IT Managed ServicesNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Reporting, Excel and AutoCAD experienceNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagersACT
- FTSENIOR DEVELOPERQLD
- CCTechnical Solutions Architect - CloudNSW