This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.
Big Boys Toys exhibition tempts your inner child
Microsoft is developing a connector that will allow Excel users to download and analyze output from Hadoop, potentially opening the open-source data processing platform to a much wider audience.
Huawei, a multinational telecommunications company based in Shenzhen, Guangdong, China, has been generating a lot of mobile buzz lately.
After days of teasing in advance of the Mobile World Congress (MWC), Nokia has announced the 808 PureView, the first smartphone to feature a sensor capable of snapping images up to the extraordinary resolution of 41 megapixels.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 stands out from the crowd of tablets at Mobile World Congress. It's the most compelling model at the show - largely because of how it does something different, and better, than other comers.
Samsung's Galaxy S III will have some impressive tech specs, according to a new leak, but a massive screen could turn off mainstream consumers.
You may want to sit down, because we’re going to talk about the iPad—and sitting is really the most comfortable way to use it, isn’t it? Apple on Thursday invited members of the media to a special event on March 7.
Having changed the underlying architecture of JavaFX, Oracle is discontinuing older versions of this platform for building RIAs (Rich Internet Applications). As a result, applications based on JavaFX 1.2 and JavaFX 1.3 will need to be updated to run ...
The growth in worldwide server shipments was slower than expected during the fourth quarter due to a shortage in the supply of hard drives, and the trend will continue into the first quarter this year, Gartner said in a study released on Thursday.
Digital rights group Public Knowledge has launched a campaign to reform U.S. copyright laws and make them more friendly to the Internet, in the eyes of the group.
Identity theft was the top complaint filed by U.S. residents to the Federal Trade Commission in 2011, with Internet-related fraud also a top concern, the agency said Tuesday.
Security firm Secunia expects a reaction from vendors as it plans to repackage security updates for hundreds of applications into its own proprietary installer and deliver them through the new version of Personal Software Inspector (PSI).
Two high-level executives of Swedish e-commerce startup Klarna are on their way home after the New York County district attorney agreed to dismiss charges of felony sexual assault that they had faced since early this month.
Cisco Systems announced its take on the reshaping of mobile networks that is emerging at this week's Mobile World Congress on Tuesday, saying it can build a Wi-Fi infrastructure spanning all the way from the access point to the core network.
A new tide of demand for high-performance computer equipment is sweeping the world, as eSports becomes a major form of entertainment and spectator activity. With that, the technology supporting eSports is maturing rapidly.
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Facebook starts warning U.S. users when they're sharing fake news
- Why I'm addicted to Mass Effect: Andromeda's gorgeous, secret Nvidia super-screenshots
- Corsair One review: Small, fast, and surprisingly quiet
- Rock Band VR review: Rock Band's roaring PC debut showcases Oculus Touch's potential
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTFinancials ConsultantQLD
- FTSalesforce Senior Developer | Solution DesignerQLD
- FTGraduate Software EngineerNSW
- CCServiceNow Specialist - Administration and DevelopmentVIC
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)ACT
- CCITCM EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)NSW
- FTApplication Support LeadQLD
- FTCCTV Sales & SupportNSW
- CCSAP BPC SME/Consultant - BRISBANE BASEDQLD
- CCDevOps/Senior Sys Admin - eCommerce - Contract - Sydney Northern BeachesNSW
- FTTest Advert Software EngineerSA
- CCBusiness Analyst- Data GovernanceNSW
- CCDomino SpecialistVIC
- TPBusiness Project Manager - DigitalNSW
- CCProduct Design AnalystNSW
- FTRACF Mainframe Security Analysts / Engineers - Multiple Roles - SydneyNSW
- FTC# (Full Stack) DeveloperNSW
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- TPAutomation TesterQLD
- FTJunior DevOps Developer - TelcoVIC
- CCCloud Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- TPAutomation Test AnalystSA
- FTSenior .Net Developer (Silverlight)VIC