A U.S. consumer advocacy group has written to the European Commission asking it to block Google's deal to acquire Motorola and to launch an investigation into the Internet giant's alleged anticompetitive behavior.
U.S. law enforcement agents need court-approved warrants to track a suspect's whereabouts using a GPS device, the U.S. Supreme Court said Monday, in deciding a burning issue where privacy intersects with modern technology.
Infor on Monday announced details of its Motion mobility platform as well as the availability of two new mobile applications, Road Warrior and ActivityDeck.
A hacker who claims to act in defense of Israel has released 100,000 credentials of allegedly Arab users of Facebook in an ongoing row between Israeli and Arab hackers.
Intel on Monday announced that it had agreed to buy parts of Qlogic's InfiniBand business as the chip maker looks to provide storage and server bandwidth that will allow systems to achieve exaflop computing.
RIM's new CEO, Thorsten Heins, wants the company to improve its product development while also becoming better at marketing, he said during a conference call on Monday.
After weeks of controversy, lobbying and concessions, the European Commission looks set to unveil its new data-protection proposals on Wednesday.
Los Angeles-based Web hosting firm DreamHost reset the FTP and shell access passwords for all of its customers on Friday after detecting unauthorized activity within one of its databases.
Sony said Monday it has developed new technology for the tiny imaging chips that power cameras in portable devices, which will allow for clearer photographs while using less space and cutting manufacturing costs.
A five-star hotel room high above New York's Central Park sounds like a nice place to spend the night, but if your iPhone doesn't work, it may seem like little more than a gilded cage.
An online storage service, FileSonic, has disabled file sharing between users following the takedown of the MegaUpload service for alleged copyright infringement violations.
Research In Motion's co-CEOs Mike Lazaridis and Jim Balsillie have quit after a tumultuous period at the company, which saw intense competition, and a long services outage at the maker of the BlackBerry.
Google is continuing to weed out its services and on Friday announced it will shut down Picnik, Google Message Continuity and Needlebase and make changes to some other services.
The people behind Megaupload might be working hard to get the site back up, but so are scammers.
Microsoft has given details on a variety of ways in which the upcoming Windows 8 operating system does a better job than its predecessors at letting users manage their connections to Wi-Fi and mobile broadband networks.
There are many types of laptops on the market these days, but few are as versatile as a Windows Convertible laptop – whether the task is media consumption or content creation.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- Smartwatches wear out their welcome with Motorola
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Apple reportedly betting on drones and indoor data to make Maps better
- Apple now takes your old Apple Watch for free recycling
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCSolution Designer - MulesoftVIC
- FTInfrastructure AnalystQLD
- FTIteration ManagerVIC
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)VIC
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTService Delivery Management LeadQLD
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- FTInfrastructure and Systems SpecialistQLD
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- FTIT Client Support AnalystNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)ACT
- CCBusiness Analyst ( Finance/Banking)QLD
- CCSAP CRM Technical LeadACT
- CCWeb Services Tester- Test AnalystNSW
- FTCampaign AnalystVIC
- FTDevOps/L2 Support EngineerVIC
- CCFacilities Coordinator/ Data Centre Coordinator- Multiple RolesVIC
- CCAgile TesterNSW
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect - CloudNSW