The Canadian government has approved the transfer of satellite spectrum to Dish Network, putting the company just one major ruling away from building a land-based 4G mobile data network on the frequencies.
PC maker Maingear is chasing the laptop performance crown with its latest Titan 17 laptop, which can be configured to include Intel's fastest desktop processor and up to 1.8TB of solid-state drive storage.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission has sent warning letters to the makers of six mobile apps used for background checks, saying the apps may violate a consumer credit protection law.
A British member of the European Parliament has been given the job of evaluating the controversial ACTA agreement as more European countries shy away from the intellectual-property treaty.
Google on Tuesday began offering a beta version of its Chrome browser for Android phones, finally beginning the move to unify its computer, tablet and mobile phone browsers.
The U.S. Congress should scrap two controversial copyright enforcement bills and start over with attempts to target foreign websites accused of infringement and counterfeiting, more than 70 groups have said.
Acer has sued its former CEO and President Gianfranco Lanci in Italian courts for allegedly violating a non-compete clause, the company said Tuesday.
SAP on Tuesday announced the first products based on its HANA in-memory database aimed at small and medium-sized businesses, including a new Edge edition of the software as well as HANA-powered analytics for the Business One ERP (enterprise resource ...
A group of students concerned over Facebook's privacy practices plans to continue to press the Irish Data Protection Commissioner (DPC) for action following a meeting on Monday in Vienna with representatives of the social networking site.
Both the number and volume of distributed denial-of-service attacks are increasing, according to new reports from DDoS mitigation companies Prolexic and Arbor Networks.
Red Hat has announced the Virtual Storage Appliance for Amazon Web Services (AWS), which can take advantage of Amazon's cloud while at the same time offering excellent performance, the company said on Tuesday.
Tulip Data Center Services is setting up a 900,000 square foot (83,612.7 square meters) data center in Bangalore, the largest in India, to benefit from scale and target growing demand for collocation, cloud, and managed services in India and neighbo...
Microsoft has entered into a broad partnership with customer-service software provider 24/7 that the companies expect will yield a superior cloud-based platform that large companies can use to better address their customers' needs.
Hewlett-Packard's LoadRunner performance validation software will become available on a hosted basis through HP partners, the company announced Tuesday.
Sony will merge its PlayStation online gaming service into its broader online platform from Tuesday.
Despite its unsexy-sounding name, NAS has long been an essential gadget among tech enthusiasts. Here's 3 reasons why every home needs one in this day and age.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- PC World Test rig 2017
- Samsung blames batteries from two makers for Note7 explosions
- Why Apple will make smart glasses
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- TPLearning/Instructional DesignerQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager - Financial Planning - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 3 Support ConsultantNSW
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- CCEnterprise Solution ArchitectNSW
- TPJava DeveloperSA
- FTTest Analyst - HealthcareVIC
- TPSolution ArchitectVIC
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Transformation projectsSA
- FTSenior Front End Web DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportQLD
- TPPrincipal Business Analyst - DAFFQLD
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)Other
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- CCSystem EngineerSA
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetQLD