ARM Holdings has introduced the Cortex-A7, an upcoming microprocessor design that will be used in sub-US$100 smartphones, as well as in high-end smartphones as a companion chip to the more powerful Cortex-A15.
Intuit is planning to discontinue two applications small businesses use to monitor hours and billing, to the consternation of some users who feel the decision came too abruptly.
VMware is launching the Rapid Desktop Program, which allows OEMs to build pre-configured appliances for desktop virtualization, making it easier for enterprises to start using the technology, the company said at VMworld in Copenhagen.
Advanced Micro Devices has appointed former Apple iPhone development chief Mark Papermaster as chief technology officer, where he will take charge of developing AMD's future microprocessors and hardware.
The cloud-based design of Amazon's Silk browser has positive security side effects because it encrypts all traffic between users and websites, especially important when connected over unprotected Wi-Fi networks where session hijacking attacks can occ...
A Trojan used by German law enforcement authorities to intercept Internet phone calls is capable of monitoring traffic from 15 programs, including browsers and instant messaging applications.
At VMworld this week, VMware demonstrated vCenter Operations for View, an upcoming management tool that will allow enterprises that have rolled out virtual desktops to get more insight into how their environment is performing and possible problems.
NetSuite on Wednesday announced a series of enhancements and offerings meant to make its on-demand ERP (enterprise resource planning) software more desirable to larger companies, particularly those with international operations.
Criminals are embracing methods to trap debit and credit cards in ATMs for retrieval later, a move believed to be motivated by better security measures designed to ensure card details are not copied at the machines, according to an industry group.
Oracle has released a new Java security update to address multiple vulnerabilities, including one exploited during a recently disclosed attack that can allow eavesdropping on encrypted communications.
VMware and Nvidia will work together to implement the graphics company Quadro's Virtual Graphics platform on VMware’s View virtual desktop platform in order to allow more users to ditch the traditional workstation.
CSC's Chairman and CEO, Michael W. Laphen, plans to retire from his position no later than a year from now, the company announced on Tuesday.
China has become Apple's second-largest market behind the U.S., with revenues increasing almost four times year-over-year for this past quarter, according to company CEO Tim Cook.
Telefonica and Verizon in a few months will become the first operators to offer Android phones running VMware's mobile hypervisor, the companies announced Wednesday at the VMworld 2011 Europe conference in Copenhagen.
Google is rolling out over the next weeks default encryption using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) on searches for users signing in with their accounts, the company said Tuesday.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCIT Change CoordinatorNSW
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- CCTIBCO Integration ConsultantVIC
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, AdviceNSW
- FTBusiness Systems Architect - Technical LeadershipWA
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- CCTechnical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MXNSW
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- FTOPEN _ ASAP_Technical Specialist COEACT
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTSOE SpecialistACT
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCMobility SpcialistACT