Here are some of the best Metro-Style Windows 8 apps - optimised for touchscreens, but functional with mouses and keyboards.
Intel suffered a setback in the server market this week with the news that its former partner, SeaMicro, is being acquired by AMD. But the world's top chip maker said it was internally developing technology to remain competitive in the dense server m...
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission is seeking public comments on whether it's ever appropriate for law enforcement agencies to shut down mobile networks in the name of public safety, as Bay Area Rapid Transit did last August.
Earnings season has essentially ended, but Yelp's initial public offering Friday, Apple's record high share price and a strong market for IT stocks are giving tech investors plenty to get excited about.
PHP, one of the most widely used languages for building websites, has been updated with a number of improvements to ease development and speed performance.
Google Apps customers are finding it hard to delete and reactivate domains in their accounts, after Google unexpectedly disabled the automated mechanism for performing these tasks in mid-January.
An Oregon man has been convicted of seven courts of wire fraud for helping thousands of people steal Internet service, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
The judge overseeing Oracle's intellectual property lawsuit against Google wants Oracle to provide "a clear answer" as to why the trial shouldn't be postponed until a number of patent reexamination processes are fully played out, according to a filin...
Apple and Samsung Electronics each saw patent lawsuits they had filed against one another dismissed by a German court on Friday. Samsung expects to appeal its dismissal.
Established vendors such as HTC, Sony and LG Electronics want to set their smartphones apart from less expensive devices from ZTE and Huawei. But as looks and hardware specifications are becoming more similar and software differentiation harder, havi...
A company that has been providing third-party support for Oracle's JD Edwards ERP (enterprise resource planning) software is undergoing a significant expansion of its efforts, despite the ongoing cloud of litigation over the market.
Tucked among the mostly male entrepreneurs at a bustling conference for startups this week in Singapore are a number of aspiring women CEOs, but most would rather you didn't make a big deal about it.
Politics could tip the scales in Apple's favor for a high-stakes legal battle that will decide ownership of the iPad trademark in mainland China. But some legal experts remain divided on whether it will be enough to help the U.S. tech giant avoid a b...
Concern about cyberterrorism was evident this week among security experts at the RSA security conference in San Francisco, who find that some people with extremist views have the technical knowledge that could be used to hack into systems.
Eastman Kodak, which filed for bankruptcy protection in January, has entered into an agreement with Shutterfly for the sale of certain assets of its online photo services business for US$23.8 million, it said Thursday.
Need to print on the go? The HP OfficeJet offers that and more. Read a user’s experience on this multi-purpose printer.
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Inkle's space archaeologist adventure won't tell you if your lost language translations are wrong
- Dell's 28-inch 4K monitor is just $300 right now
- Three privacy tools that block your Internet provider from tracking you
- Dell's wild 8K monitor goes on sale with a just-as-stunning price tag
- How to transform your smartphone into a real-world Star Trek tricorder
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTGraduate Application Support Analyst -SMSF SoftwareNSW
- FTBusiness Solutions AnalystNSW
- TPAPS6 Java DeveloperACT
- FTDeployment Manager | ContractVIC
- CCIT Project Scheduler- Port MacquarieQLD
- TPWintel EngineerVIC
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSalesforce Senior Developer | Solution DesignerQLD
- FTIT ManagerVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Digital Technologies Financial ServicesQLD
- CCOracle Middleware Production SupportACT
- CCJava/ Guidewire DeveloperQLD
- CCFinancial/Logistics Administration OfficerACT
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- FTPHP DeveloperACT
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectSA
- FTSenior Developer/DevOpsVIC
- FTManagement AccountantNSW
- FTAgile Project ManagerACT
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT
- FTSecurity Monitoring SpecialistVIC
- TPSenior Drupal Developer / ArchitectQLD
- TPProject Manager - Digital Banking ProjectQLD