Google Chairman Eric Schmidt painted a messianic picture of our technological future on Monday, involving holographic telepresence, self-driving cars, automatic translation and the widespread deployment of 1Gbps Internet access over optical fiber, br...
Vodafone and Deutsche Telekom in Germany have started selling smartphones and tablets with LTE, as European operators slowly start to expand their offerings beyond modems.
Advanced Micro Devices is shedding its remaining manufacturing assets, giving up its stake in foundry company GlobalFoundries and setting the stage to fully focus on chip design.
Vodafone has developed a new SIM card that can be used on smartphones to provide secure access to data networks and tap-proof telephone calls as well as email and text message encryption, the operator said on Monday at the Cebit trade show.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission should investigate Apple and Google for allowing applications on their mobile OSes to access users' photographs without permission, a U.S. senator said.
Fujitsu Technology Solutions has already convinced 50 independent software vendors (ISVs) to sell their business software through its online Business Solutions Store, and aims to add 100 more by the year end, it announced at the Cebit trade show in H...
A user has hacked into the official GitHub-hosted Ruby on Rails code repository and bug tracker on Sunday in order to show the Rails development team how serious a vulnerability was.
German operator Deutsche Telekom is using OpenStack to host applications in its Business Marketplace cloud service, and is committed to making the open source software more secure and easier to manage, the company said on Monday at the Cebit trade sh...
Name: Anil Chanana
Civil and criminal claims that Yahoo hosted objectionable content were dropped in India, after it was found that there was no such content on its websites, according to people close to the situation.
Apache Hadoop users will soon be able to analyze data as it is streamed from its source, thanks to a partnership between data-warehouse software provider Informatica and Hadoop distributor MapR.
A Chinese electronics vendor is appealing a court ruling to stop its iPad sales, as Apple fights to prevent local authorities from banning the iconic tablet in the country over a trademark dispute.
U.S. prosecutors have filed papers seeking the extradition of Kim Dotcom, founder of Megaupload and three colleagues, who are charged in the U.S. with allegedly running a criminal enterprise responsible for online piracy of numerous types of copyrigh...
Hey, parents, if your kids really want an iPad--but you'd rather not shell out $500 for a delicate device that isn't Juicy Juice-proof--consider the Child Pad, a 7-inch tablet that runs Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
Windows 8 may seem like a radical change from what came before it, but some of the stuff Microsoft has cooking in its research labs makes Windows 8 look boring by comparison.
Singing praises about a device that literally ‘sings’ – find out what this is all about.
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dell's 28-inch 4K monitor is just $300 right now
- Three privacy tools that block your Internet provider from tracking you
- Dell's wild 8K monitor goes on sale with a just-as-stunning price tag
- How to transform your smartphone into a real-world Star Trek tricorder
- Hisense displays successors to amazing Series 7 ULED - Series 8 and 9
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCHyperion SpecialistQLD
- TPSystems Analyst - WHS ImplementationNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst (BPMN or UML & Agile)QLD
- TPProject Manager - Digital Banking ProjectQLD
- TPSystems ManagerQLD
- CCAutomation Test AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Performance AnalystQLD
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!SA
- CCOracle WebLogic AdministratorNSW
- CCUser Researcher/Business AnalysisACT
- FTEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- CCPerformance TesterQLD
- FTMicrosoft Designer / ArchitectVIC
- TPDevOps ManagerVIC
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT
- FTLead DevOps EngineerNSW
- CCProgram ManagerVIC
- FT.net Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- FTETL Informatica DeveloperNSW
- FTAdministrator - Land and PowerNSW
- FTStorage Engineer (HDS)NSW
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer -NetApp & TSMNSW
- FTProject SchedulerACT
- CCDevelopment Lead - Java - TelcoVIC