Coming up on World Tech Update this week Yahoo sues Facebook over patens, Japan marks the one year anniversary of deadly natural disasters, Sony's touchscreen smartphone doesn't need to be touched, GM and NASA show a robotic glove and a Fraunhofer ro...
World Tech Update
Inside the rare earth fight between United States, Europe, Japan vs. China
An expansion of a 15-year-old IT trade agreement could bring huge benefits to the U.S. economy, including about 60,000 new jobs, according to a study released Thursday.
While Intel and Advanced Micro Devices battle for the top two spots in the x86 microprocessor market, the third player, Via Technologies, saw a slip in its already-marginal market share, but it isn't ready to fold, research firm IDC said on Thursday.
Law enforcement agencies are looking for ways to mine social media to look for threats, but those speaking at a conference on Wednesday suggested that an equally important issue might be trying to control authorities who are causing problems by their...
EMobile, a Japanese mobile provider, on Thursday launched the country's second LTE network for high-speed mobile data access.
Despite the growing interest in big data platforms, it may be some time before organizations will be able to deploy a standardized big data software stack, concluded a panel of speakers Wednesday during a virtual panel hosted by GigaOm.
Security companies have recently identified multiple malware threats that use stolen digital certificates to sign their components in an attempt to avoid detection and bypass Windows defenses.
Toshiba will launch high-speed SD memory cards this year in Japan and abroad that can read data at up to 95MB per second and write at 90MB per second.
When Washington, D.C., led by its then CTO, the charismatic Vivek Kundra, bought Google Apps seats for its almost 40,000 municipal employees in 2008, many predicted that the city would soon after ditch its more expensive, on-premise Microsoft softwar...
Deutsche Telekom, Alcatel-Lucent and Airbus have tested data communication between an aircraft and the ground, using LTE, which helps make in-flight data access cheaper, the three companies said on Thursday.
Tech support scammers have started targeting antivirus customers and have diversified their techniques, according to reports from antivirus vendors Avast and ESET.
Chinese vendor ZTE has conducted a field demonstration of optical networking equipment capable of transporting data at 1.7Tbps, the company said on Thursday.
A total of 112 government websites in India were hacked from December to February, a federal minister said Wednesday, reflecting India's continuing problem with online security.
Get into your productive zone with the right business tool
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- This week in games: Forza Horizon 3 gets Hot Wheels, Terry Crews gets a wild Old Spice PC
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
PCW Evaluation Team
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCOracle DeveloperVIC
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieQLD
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- TPLevel 2-3 Helpdesk OfficerQLD
- TPSenior Project ManagerQLD
- FTIT Service Desk Manager - Team LeaderNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - BI, Analytics & Big DataNSW
- FTProject Manager- RiskSA
- TPBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCService Delivery Analyst -Port MacquarieNSW
- FTIT Security RolesACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTSenior ICT Project ManagerNSW
- FTSAP APO ConsultantNSW
- TPLinux System AdministratorQLD
- CCICT Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTFront-end Developer (UX/UI)NSW
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTICT Relationship Manager - Service Delivery EnvironmentNSW
- FTSenior Sales Operations AnalystNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystQLD
- FTAudio Visual / Video Solution Architect | $100 p/hrVIC