Rackspace hopes to make it easier to use its OpenStack private cloud offering by partnering with Redapt, a company that procures, configures and ships servers to customers.
Oracle has updated its MySQL Cluster software to make it more appealing to large Web service providers, among other users of large-volume distributed databases.
Enterproid is expanding its dual-persona phone platform to include voice through a new deal with BroadSoft.
Ordinary Chinese people are taking sides in the iPad trademark battle between Apple and local display vendor Proview, with some thinking the U.S. tech giant should simply change the name of its iconic tablet.
Acer reported fourth quarter profit of US$2.4 million, a financial turnaround after the company faced back-to-back <a href="http://itfinance.computerworld.com/financial-results/38243/acer-posts-another-loss-q3-revenues-fall-30-percent">losses</a> in ...
Android lost smartphone market share for the first time, as Apple had a great fourth quarter buoyed by the launch of the iPhone 4S, according to data from market research company Gartner.
The Global Square, an online global collaboration platform for activists backed by WikiLeaks among others, plans to have a functional prototype by March, its sponsors said.
An adults only rating for video games will finally become a reality from the start of 2013, assuming it passes through parliament
Apple's much speculated iPad 3 has emerged as the latest target in an ongoing trademark dispute in China, after a little-known Chinese firm said on Wednesday it has filed for a customs ban with local authorities to stop the import and export of the t...
Activist Yahoo shareholder Daniel Loeb has rejected the slate of board candidates put forth by the company's newly minted CEO, serving notice of his intention to lobby for his own candidates instead.
Hewlett-Packard and Intel are rethinking processor upgrades in servers, coming up with a new chip-slotting technique that could reduce the chance of errors, and ultimately prevent system failure.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission wants to drop the conditional waiver that could have allowed LightSquared to operate an LTE network in frequencies near the GPS band, potentially killing the carrier's plan to offer a hybrid satellite and ce...
Apple on Monday announced that, at its request, the Fair Labor Association (FLA) will begin special, voluntary inspections of Apple’s final assembly suppliers—among them Foxconn factories in Shenzhen and Chengdu, China.
The Canadian government has introduced its long-awaited legislation giving police new powers to get Internet and wireless subscriber information without a warrant and requiring telecommunications providers to have equipment for intercepting communica...
Motorola's former WiMax business unit set up shop under new owner NewNet Communications Technologies on Tuesday, diving into the next chapter of a technology that has been largely crowded out by LTE.
In recent years there have been fundamental shifts in how digital documents are handled, and now the expectation is that people will be able to do much more with them.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15014 officially adds ebook support
- Data shows Tesla vehicle crashes dropped 40% with Autopilot
- Mozilla's new corporate logo evokes URL lingo
- XCOM 2's eagerly anticipated Long War 2 total conversion mod released in Steam Workshop
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCDevops EngineerVIC
- FTLevel 3 Support ConsultantNSW
- TPTechnical Solutions Architect-Dynamics CRMVIC
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- TPSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCProgram Support OfficerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- TPICT - Contracts and Commercial AnalystQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTNational Manager of Security - We are looking for a strong Leader - Syd CBDNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Transformation projectsSA
- CCLead DevOps Architect l AWS- Cloud- Linux- Puppet Ansible- JIRA-DatadogNSW
- FTIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- FTEnterprise Sales ManagerACT
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CC3x DevOps / Integration Developers l AWS- Cloud- Linux- Puppet Ansible- JIRA-DNSW