The price for SSDs (solid state drives) that are going into PCs are expected to fall below US$1 per gigabyte during the second half of 2012, further boosting adoption, market research company IDC said on Monday.
A top Israeli official said Saturday that cyber attacks are similar to terrorism and merit the same response, just a few days after tens of thousands of credit card numbers were released by a hacker going by the name "oxOmar."
Semiconductor company MediaTek has introduced a system-on-a-chip (SoC) that will be used to power wireless routers based on the 802.11ac wireless networking standard, which promises gigabit speeds, the company said on Monday.
We've had gesture control with Microsoft Kinect. Now get ready for gaze control. Swedish firm Tobii is at the Consumer Electronics Show this week to promote the use of its eye tracking technology in PCs and tablets, though it could be a couple of yea...
A version of the Apple's iPhone built for China Telecom's networks has received approval from a Chinese regulator, putting the iconic smartphone closer in the hands of customers of the mobile operator.
USB 3.0 ports will reach smartphones and tablets by the end of the year or early next year, according to the USB standards setting organisation.
Lenovo on Sunday announced its first smart TV that will recognize voice commands and run Android 4.0 applications, getting a jump over Apple's rumored pursuit of TVs with advanced features.
Lenovo on Sunday announced the 10-inch IdeaTab K2 gaming and multimedia tablet, which has a quad-core ARM processor and a premium IPS display similar to the one found on Apple's iPad.
Acer has become one of the first PC makers to show a laptop with Intel's upcoming Core processor code-named Ivy Bridge, which will deliver better appplication and graphics performance than current Core processors.
Acer kicked off the Consumer Electronics Show on Sunday by previewing a free cloud service for storing images and other documents online, and showing a novel ultrabook that hides its I/O ports in a hidden pop-up section at the back.
Sony on Saturday denied a report that it has decided to promote the head of its consumer product division, Kazuo Hirai, to lead the company from April.
Microsoft disappointed some Windows Phone users on Friday by saying it would stop providing specifics about who will get software updates and when, and announcing vaguely that a new update is "available to all carriers that request it."
Fusion-io previewed a technology on Thursday that gives server CPUs more direct access to stored data, apparently achieving I/O performance far beyond that found in typical data centers.
One Laptop Per Child's XO-3 tablet is ready to ship after years in the making, and working units will be shown next week at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, OLPC founder and chairman Nicholas Negroponte said.
The cost of patent lawsuits and a more competitive market weighed down Motorola Mobility's fourth-quarter financial results, the company reported Friday in releasing preliminary numbers.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 3 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 4 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 5 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
- Paris motor show turns on to electric cars
- Israeli startup says its new software would have prevented Tesla hack
- Microsoft moves Cortana and Bing into Microsoft Research to accelerate new features
- Google Maps for Android adds 'OK Google' voice, navigation commands and other search tricks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC