Just as European surveillance and mobile-message filtering companies come under increasing pressure to safeguard human rights, two Irish companies have been reported as selling tech to the Syrian regime that is being used to thwart civil rights prote...
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has rejected attempts by three telecom companies to block shareholder votes on whether they should commit to net neutrality principles.
Chip maker Renesas Mobile has launched the MP5232, a processor that will allow vendors to build LTE (Long Term Evolution) smartphones with a price tag between US$150 and $300, the company said on Wednesday.
Wireless broadband got a boost in Europe when the European Parliament on Wednesday voted in favor of reallocating radio spectrum frequencies.
EMC and VMware are teaming with French IT services company Atos to create a European cloud infrastructure provider, Canopy, the companies announced Wednesday.
Thanks to the imminent availability of the Galaxy S II LTE, Sweden will become the first European country where consumers can pick up a phone with integrated 4G technology, Samsung said on Wednesday.
Rackspace hopes to make it easier to use its OpenStack private cloud offering by partnering with Redapt, a company that procures, configures and ships servers to customers.
Oracle has updated its MySQL Cluster software to make it more appealing to large Web service providers, among other users of large-volume distributed databases.
Enterproid is expanding its dual-persona phone platform to include voice through a new deal with BroadSoft.
Ordinary Chinese people are taking sides in the iPad trademark battle between Apple and local display vendor Proview, with some thinking the U.S. tech giant should simply change the name of its iconic tablet.
Acer reported fourth quarter profit of US$2.4 million, a financial turnaround after the company faced back-to-back <a href="http://itfinance.computerworld.com/financial-results/38243/acer-posts-another-loss-q3-revenues-fall-30-percent">losses</a> in ...
Android lost smartphone market share for the first time, as Apple had a great fourth quarter buoyed by the launch of the iPhone 4S, according to data from market research company Gartner.
The Global Square, an online global collaboration platform for activists backed by WikiLeaks among others, plans to have a functional prototype by March, its sponsors said.
An adults only rating for video games will finally become a reality from the start of 2013, assuming it passes through parliament
Apple's much speculated iPad 3 has emerged as the latest target in an ongoing trademark dispute in China, after a little-known Chinese firm said on Wednesday it has filed for a customs ban with local authorities to stop the import and export of the t...
There are many laptops and convertibles on the market but few represent a full realisation of what a Windows-based convertible can be – a total marriage of Windows’ features with the hardware to make the most of it. This is why Microsoft made its own device, the Surface Pro, which is now in its fourth iteration.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- XCOM 2's eagerly anticipated Long War 2 total conversion mod released in Steam Workshop
- Prices plummet for AMD's beastly Radeon Pro Duo graphics card ahead of Vega's release
- Resident Evil 7 joins Microsoft's ambitious Play Anywhere program for PCs and Xbox One
- Sniper Elite 4 preview: More sniping, less shooting
- Halo Wars 2 campaign preview: Polished, pretty, but not as exciting as Blitz mode
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- CCWeb Architect - Ruby, Python, Java, Open sourceNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTManager - Field ServicesVIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Specialist - NetworkVIC
- CCProject SchedulerQLD
- CCProject/ Operational CoordinatorNSW
- CCProgram Support OfficerNSW
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTTechnical Content CoordinatorVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- FTBI Tech Lead l SQL/RDMS/ DB2/ ETL/ UML/ XML/ Big Data technologiesNSW
- CCJunior BI / Data Analytics Analyst - contract - SydneyNSW