The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has approved new rules requiring telemarketers that use autodialed or prerecorded telephone calls to sell products to get written approval from customers before sending them the robocalls.
Hewlett-Packard has expanded technology support options for its premium Elite PC customers, who will now be able to select a single tech support person to deal with over the life of a PC, the company said on Wednesday.
Cisco will appeal the European Commission's approval of Microsoft's US$8.5 billion Skype acquisition, saying the agency should demand that the companies support standards for interoperability with other collaboration platforms.
Rackspace expects to soon announce commercial private OpenStack distributions that it will support as part of its Rackspace Cloud: Private Edition set of services.
Zynga has moved most of its users away from Amazon Web Services and onto its private cloud in a move to maximize the reliability and performance of its social games network.
Norwegian mobile operator Telenor said Wednesday that it has issued a notice to its Indian joint venture partner seeking indemnity and compensation after the cancellation earlier this month of its 22 2G licenses by India's Supreme Court.
Just as European surveillance and mobile-message filtering companies come under increasing pressure to safeguard human rights, two Irish companies have been reported as selling tech to the Syrian regime that is being used to thwart civil rights prote...
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has rejected attempts by three telecom companies to block shareholder votes on whether they should commit to net neutrality principles.
Chip maker Renesas Mobile has launched the MP5232, a processor that will allow vendors to build LTE (Long Term Evolution) smartphones with a price tag between US$150 and $300, the company said on Wednesday.
Wireless broadband got a boost in Europe when the European Parliament on Wednesday voted in favor of reallocating radio spectrum frequencies.
EMC and VMware are teaming with French IT services company Atos to create a European cloud infrastructure provider, Canopy, the companies announced Wednesday.
Thanks to the imminent availability of the Galaxy S II LTE, Sweden will become the first European country where consumers can pick up a phone with integrated 4G technology, Samsung said on Wednesday.
Rackspace hopes to make it easier to use its OpenStack private cloud offering by partnering with Redapt, a company that procures, configures and ships servers to customers.
Oracle has updated its MySQL Cluster software to make it more appealing to large Web service providers, among other users of large-volume distributed databases.
Enterproid is expanding its dual-persona phone platform to include voice through a new deal with BroadSoft.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- A new Microsoft foldable device patent offers more grist for the Surface phone rumor mill
- Dash cam review: The Garmin Dash Cam 35 is a little bigger and better for the price
- Dash cam review: The Cobra CDR895D Drive HD offers affordable dual-channel video
- Dash cam review: The Thinkware F770 works with your smartphone
- Dash cam review: Garmin's DriveAssist 50LMT is first-class almost all the way
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCLead DevOps Architect l AWS- Cloud- Linux- Puppet Ansible- JIRA-DatadogNSW
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- TPDynamics CRM Technical Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTApplications Sales ExecutiveWA
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXACT
- CCTester- InfrastructureACT
- CCTelco Program ManagerVIC
- TPDigital Business Analyst | AgileQLD
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC
- FTTest Analyst - HealthcareVIC
- FTNetIQ Development & SupportNSW
- CCProgram Support OfficerNSW
- CCMicrosoft Devops Engineers - contract - SydneyNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- FTLevel 3 Support ConsultantNSW
- CCApplication PackagerVIC
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- CCFIS Connex DeveloperQLD
- FTLife/400 Testers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCJunior BI / Data Analytics Analyst - contract - SydneyNSW