U.S. Cellular joined the ranks of U.S. carriers with commercial LTE service on Thursday, launching the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 as its first LTE-capable device.
Face recognition, voice identification, and augmented reality can enrich the mobile experience - but they can also be abused in scary ways
Today's large-scale data analysis may be a high-tech undertaking, but smart data scientists can improve their craft by observing how simple low-tech picture puzzles are solved, said an IBM scientist at the GigaOm conference.
World Tech Update
World Tech Update
U.S. Senate legislation that would require mobile apps to get permission to check the geolocation of a user is among the bills that make up trade group NetChoice's latest list of "awful" bills for e-commerce.
Google has beefed up the security of its cloud hosted services for developers by making several of them able to authenticate interactions with applications using certificate-based Service Accounts.
Facebook now automatically displays shared photos at their highest possible resolution for users on a desktop and offers a full-screen viewing option, the company announced Thursday.
Eucalyptus has become far more attractive to enterprises wishing to build private clouds, now that the number-one cloud provider -- Amazon Web Services -- has thrown its weight behind the software company.
A group of U.S. Internet service providers, including the four largest, have committed to taking new steps to combat three major cybersecurity threats, based on recommendations from a U.S. Federal Communications Commission advisory committee.
Did the recent contentious debate over two controversial copyright enforcement bills leave you feeling soiled? An entrepreneur Kickstarter.com wants to help -- by printing the texts of the Stop Online Piracy Act and the Protect IP Act on toilet paper...
Most owners of compromised websites don't know how their sites got hacked into and only 6 percent detect the malicious activity on their own, according to a report released by StopBadware and Commtouch on Thursday.
Acer has announced the Iconia Tab A510 tablet with Android 4.0, joining the growing market of device makers releasing quad-core tablets.
The U.S. Department of Justice has accused AT&T of overcharging the government by millions of dollars by failing to crack down on scammers using a text-based Internet service for hearing-impaired people.
Indian outsourcers employed 107,000 staff in the U.S. in the Indian fiscal year ended March 31, 2011, in addition to providing indirect employment to 175,000 people, according to a study to be released in the U.S. by the National Association of Softw...
The MSI PC World and Good Gear Guide Giveaway has launched and you have the chance to win one of 10 prize packs.
The total prize pack is valued at AU$150.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- This week in games: Forza Horizon 3 gets Hot Wheels, Terry Crews gets a wild Old Spice PC
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPSenior .NET Developer (Angular or React)NSW
- FTGeospatial Data AnalystVIC
- CCSAP ISU Device Management ConsultantVIC
- FTProject Manager - Data MigrationNSW
- FTAsst. Director - Claim AnalysisACT
- CCTraining Lead - TelcoVIC
- TPBI AnalystQLD
- CCArchitect/Senior Capacity Planner Network Engineering - TelcoVIC
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- CCSystems AdminNSW
- TPAV Design SpecialistNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCUser ResearchNSW
- FTEngineer Control Systems SpecialistSA
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieNSW
- TPEOI - Developer/Tester/Software EngineerACT
- TPIT Support AnalystNSW
- TPTest and Support AnalystQLD
- TPBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCService Delivery Analyst -Port MacquarieNSW
- FTTechnical Expert | 3mth+contractVIC
- FTSystems Engineer | MSP backgroundVIC
- FTSecurity ConsultantQLD