Social discovery apps, which alert users to potential social contacts in their proximity, are hot at this year's South by Southwest Interactive conference, so organizers tapped Andrea Vaccari of Glancee to give a last-minute overview of them.
Mobile payments will become ubiquitous -- really, this time -- in the next few years, according to a panel discussion at the SXSW conference Saturday.
A worldwide recall of Lenovo ThinkCentre all-in-one PCs has reached Australia, with buyers of the ThinkCentre M90z advised to immediately unplug their computers due to a potential fire risk.
Enterprise software vendor Quest Software is becoming a private company, and is also seeking a buyer, the company announced Friday.
Two new Oracle user group surveys show that customers have a mixed bag of plans for ERP (enterprise resource planning) application upgrades, with concerns over expiring support windows cited as the leading impetus for ongoing or upcoming projects.
Cloud computing price cuts by Google, Amazon and now Microsoft may indicate that businesses are discovering that moving to the cloud doesn't always save costs.
The story of this Sony factory, which took the full brunt of a powerful tsunami that washed through a year ago, reflects that of much of Japan's north-eastern coast - abrupt tragedy, battled with ingenuity and stoic resolve, and now grim economic rea...
U.S. President Barack Obama has appointed Todd Park as the new CTO for the U.S. government.
So far this year, the technology sector is off to its best start in the stock market since 2000, right before the dot-com bubble burst, and even though analysts have been forecasting just modest growth in IT spending, there appear to be reasons for c...
OnLive, a company that recently began offering hosted Windows and Office software remotely from its servers to iPad and Android tablet users, is in violation of Microsoft licensing rules, according to a Microsoft official.
Proposed European laws on data protection have come under fire from both sides this week.
Internet Explorer 9 was the second browser to succumb to white-hat hackers during the Pwn2Own contest at the CanSecWest security conference in Vancouver.
Google has patched a critical Chrome vulnerability disclosed Wednesday at the CanSecWest security conference in Vancouver that can be exploited to escape from a browser's secure sandbox.
Name: Dennis Shelden
Intelligent Apps' myTaxi won €25,000 (US$33,000) plus two years of mentoring as the top prize among 50 contestants in CODE_n12 competition at the Cebit trade show.
A new tide of demand for high-performance computer equipment is sweeping the world, as eSports becomes a major form of entertainment and spectator activity. With that, the technology supporting eSports is maturing rapidly.
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hisense displays successors to amazing Series 7 ULED - Series 8 and 9
- Elgato's Stream Deck is a programmable LCD control center that makes game streaming easy
- Facebook starts warning U.S. users when they're sharing fake news
- Why I'm addicted to Mass Effect: Andromeda's gorgeous, secret Nvidia super-screenshots
- Corsair One review: Small, fast, and surprisingly quiet
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTIT ManagerVIC
- FTDevOps Engineer - Linux / MySql / ScriptQLD
- FTEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior System AdministratorVIC
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- CCInfrastructure Test Lead - Contract 6-8 wks initially - IT Services - North RydeNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!NSW
- FTAgile Test AnalystQLD
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCTest LeadQLD
- TPUI/UX ConsultantWA
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTLead DevOps EngineerNSW
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTSolution Architect - StorageVIC
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer (Mid level) - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCPMO Analyst - Financial ServicesNSW
- TPDigital Platforms ManagerVIC
- FTNetwork Services ManagerQLD
- FT.Net Solutions DeveloperSA
- CCSAP FICO ConsultantWA
- CCJava/ Guidewire DeveloperQLD