Today's large-scale data analysis may be a high-tech undertaking, but smart data scientists can improve their craft by observing how simple low-tech picture puzzles are solved, said an IBM scientist at the GigaOm conference.
World Tech Update
World Tech Update
U.S. Senate legislation that would require mobile apps to get permission to check the geolocation of a user is among the bills that make up trade group NetChoice's latest list of "awful" bills for e-commerce.
Google has beefed up the security of its cloud hosted services for developers by making several of them able to authenticate interactions with applications using certificate-based Service Accounts.
Facebook now automatically displays shared photos at their highest possible resolution for users on a desktop and offers a full-screen viewing option, the company announced Thursday.
Eucalyptus has become far more attractive to enterprises wishing to build private clouds, now that the number-one cloud provider -- Amazon Web Services -- has thrown its weight behind the software company.
A group of U.S. Internet service providers, including the four largest, have committed to taking new steps to combat three major cybersecurity threats, based on recommendations from a U.S. Federal Communications Commission advisory committee.
Did the recent contentious debate over two controversial copyright enforcement bills leave you feeling soiled? An entrepreneur Kickstarter.com wants to help -- by printing the texts of the Stop Online Piracy Act and the Protect IP Act on toilet paper...
Most owners of compromised websites don't know how their sites got hacked into and only 6 percent detect the malicious activity on their own, according to a report released by StopBadware and Commtouch on Thursday.
Acer has announced the Iconia Tab A510 tablet with Android 4.0, joining the growing market of device makers releasing quad-core tablets.
The U.S. Department of Justice has accused AT&T of overcharging the government by millions of dollars by failing to crack down on scammers using a text-based Internet service for hearing-impaired people.
Indian outsourcers employed 107,000 staff in the U.S. in the Indian fiscal year ended March 31, 2011, in addition to providing indirect employment to 175,000 people, according to a study to be released in the U.S. by the National Association of Softw...
Norway's Altinn portal had to be closed after users got access to data belonging to two people, and on Thursday the site remained down.
Nvidia hopes to bring console-style gaming to ultrabooks with its latest GeForce GT 640M graphics processing unit (GPU) for laptops, which was officially announced by the company on Thursday.
Singing praises about a device that literally ‘sings’ – find out what this is all about.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to delete and disable location history in the Windows 10 Creators Update
- Staples is selling a color laser printer for $75
- Optane Memory review: Why you may want Intel's futuristic cache in your PC
- Microsoft offers Gmail users some key Outlook features, but only via Windows 10
- What's wrong with Microsoft To-Do: 8 things lacking in Wunderlist's replacement
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPProject Manager. Enterprise wide IT ProjectsNSW
- CCBusiness Project Manager - ApplicationsNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSAP FIORI Technical SpecialistQLD
- FTProject ManagerQLD
- FTHTML DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Policy OfficerNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTSolutions Architect (Collaboration Technology) - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTTest AnalystACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTHealthcare Application Integration SupportQLD
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTICT Program Manager- Transformation - Gov backgroundNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsWA
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - FrontendNSW
- FTWindows Server Engineer MCSE, SCCM, SCOM, PowershellNSW
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- CCProject Manager - DigitalisationQLD
- CCNetwork EngineerQLD
- FTERP Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTSenior BI AnalystQLD
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTSenior Network Security EngineerACT