The volunteer developers behind Apache Tomcat have released version 7.0.6 of the open-source Java servlet container.
Microsoft began shipping this week IIS (Internet Information Services) Express 7.5, a free version of its IIS Web server optimized for developers. The company also unveiled an embedded database upgrade and an open source content management tool.
The first iPad-only newspaper from News Corp's Rupert Murdoch has been delayed by a few weeks, according to All Things Digital, a publication owned be the media mogul. Called The Daily, the tablet-exclusive publication was expected to be unveiled nex...
Oracle is planning on Tuesday to release 66 security patches affecting hundreds of products, according to a notice posted on its website.
If what goes up must come down, then what goes down occasionally bounces.
Nvidia, makers of graphics cards, took a step into a strange future recently when they announced a wireless graphics card, the KFA2 GeForce GTX460. What are you going to do with a wireless graphics card? For one, it’d give that TV that you’ve been w...
Intel and SAP results and various forecasts issued this week suggest that while 2010 was a recovery year for just about all sectors of IT, enterprise software and accompanying services will be the main drivers for technology revenue growth over the n...
Mozilla today shipped Firefox 4 Beta 9, perhaps the last it will release before it pushes toward a final version now planned to ship by the end of February.
MySpace was once a social networking pioneer and shining star, but analysts now wonder who would want to buy the struggling site.
The first round goes to the computer.
Apple will reward the customer who downloads the 10 billionth app from the iOS App Store with a $10,000 iTunes gift card, the company said today.
Government-funded researchers in Taiwan have developed a vending machine that recommends purchases based on people's faces, one of the inventors said on Friday.
The cadre of volunteer developers behind the Cassandra distributed database have released the latest version of their open source software, able to hold up to 2 billion columns per row.
Google is modifying its Apps service level agreement in ways that increase the company's accountability whenever the hosted collaboration and communication software experiences downtime, the company plans to announce on Friday.
Having difficulty getting your message across? Try an uglier font.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 BlackBerry Passport review: A smartphone going nowhere
- 2 Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A flagship at 4.6-inches
- 3 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 4 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 5 TomTom Runner Cardio GPS watch
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- With chip fabs gone, IBM's hardware future will be in high-end design
- Ask Watson or Siri: Artificial intelligence is as elusive as ever
- IBM's Rometty defends bumpy financial ride as company shifts strategy
- Researcher creates proof-of-concept worm for network-attached storage devices
- IBM earnings slump as company shifts to cloud, mobile and analytics
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW