In a move to bring network connectivity to a wider range of devices, sensors and appliances, IBM has donated the source code of its machine-to-machine messaging software to the Eclipse Foundation, the company announced Thursday.
Cloud computing, security and the mobile space hold the most growth potential in the coming years, according to IT professionals surveyed by tech staffing firm Modis.
The U.S. Congress and Federal Communications Commission shouldn't forget unlicensed uses of spectrum as policymakers debate ways to open up more mobile spectrum for broadband and voice services, a group of wireless advocates said Thursday.
Google is making it easier for people to search for, watch and share YouTube videos within the user interface of the Google+ social networking site.
Mozilla developers hope to start testing phones running its new mobile operating system this quarter, with product demos slated for the first quarter next year and "productization" set for before June 2012, according to a road map on the project's we...
Intel registered a drop in worldwide laptop-processor market share during the third quarter this year as Advanced Micro Devices came on strong with its latest Fusion PC processors, IDC said on Thursday.
Amazon Web Services has added the option to use applications to create codes for its Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) service, the company said on Wednesday.
While the iPad continues to be a big success, the tablet market offers a harsher climate to vendors other than Apple -- and pricing strategies may be an important factor in their difficulties.
Almost 100 computer experts from 16 European countries jointly battled to hold off serious cyberattacks on the European Union's security agencies and power plants as part of a simulated exercise on Thursday.
Romanian eBay hacker Vlad Duiculescu, known online as "Vladuz," lost the appeal to get his three-year suspended prison sentence reduced on Tuesday. The court also dismissed the appeal lodged by prosecutors regarding the hacker's acquittal on organize...
The U.S. can expect more aggressive efforts from countries such as Russia and China to collect information through cyberespionage in areas such as pharmaceuticals, defense and manufacturing, according to a new government report released Thursday.
Oracle and Google held another settlement conference on Wednesday in their ongoing lawsuit over alleged Java intellectual-property violations in the Android mobile OS, but failed to reach an agreement, according to a filing in U.S. District Court for...
Professional social networking sites, which once only attracted a small number of users in China, are now in the midst of taking off in the country, according to Dan Serfaty CEO of French company Viadeo.
A server belonging to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology was commandeered by hackers who used it to launch attacks against other websites as part of a larger drive-by download campaign, according to antivirus vendor BitDefender.
A German data protection authority contends Facebook is tracking users even after they delete their accounts, and it wants the company to respond to this potential privacy violation by Monday.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- 11 Easy tips to keep yourself and your children safe online
- The Division review
- Need for Speed PC Review
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
- Dell's 4-screen multimonitor setup looks like one enormous 43-inch display
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 160519/AP/453Asia
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- CCSoftware DevelopersACT
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCTIBCO Integration ConsultantVIC
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985Asia
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCProject/ Change ManagerQLD
- CCSystem AdmimistratorQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTSoftware DeveloperSA
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- FTOPEN _ ASAP_Technical Specialist COEACT
- CCApplication Packaging ExpertVIC