Oracle and Google have failed to settle their intellectual property dispute and appear headed to court on April 16.
Many law enforcement agencies across the U.S. track mobile phones as part of investigations, but only a minority ask for court-ordered warrants, according to a new report released Monday by the American Civil Liberties Union.
As more organizations deploy Hadoop to analyze vast reams of information, they may find they need to transfer large amounts of data between Hadoop and their existing databases, data warehouses and other data stores. Now the volunteer developers behin...
Yahoo on Monday released an open-source Web application framework called Mojito that aims to make it faster for developers to write apps that can run on all major device platforms, including smartphones, PCs, iOS and Android.
A Java vulnerability that hasn't yet been patched by Apple is being exploited by cybercriminals to infect Mac computers with a new variant of the Flashback malware, according to security researchers from antivirus firm F-Secure.
Top civil rights groups including the Electronic Frontier Foundation, Article 19 and Reporters Without Borders asked the Pakistan government on Monday to officially withdraw the country's plans for a national URL filtering and blocking system.
Name: David Rayner
Dell has signed an agreement to acquire thin-client hardware and software company Wyse Technology, to expand its desktop virtualization offerings, Dell said Monday.
Information Builders has added a range of improvements to its WebFocus BI (business intelligence) platform that will make it more appealing to ISVs and other providers that want to offer it as a cloud service, the company announced Tuesday.
Amazon has added the ability for CloudFront to stream live content to Apple iOS devices and Microsoft Silverlight clients, the company said in a blog post on Sunday.
NTT DoCoMo said Monday a planned joint venture with Samsung Electronics, Fujitsu, NEC and other Japanese companies to design and sell chips for high-speed mobile networks based on the LTE (Long Term Evolution) standard has been abandoned.
Payments processing services company, Global Payments said late Sunday that information on up to 1.5 million card numbers may have been "exported" as a result of an unauthorized access into its processing system.
IBM is developing new data management and analysis technologies for what will be the world's largest radio telescope. The Square Kilometre Array (SKA), due to become operational in 2024, will produce so much data that even tomorrow's off-the-shelf co...
Apple continues to sell brand-new iPad 2 models, and at a very compelling price. So if you're in the market for a tablet, which one should you buy?
BlackBerry maker Research in Motion (RIM) has denied reports that it is withdrawing from the consumer market, following its earnings call last week.
The MSI PC World and Good Gear Guide Giveaway has launched and you have the chance to win one of 10 prize packs.
The total prize pack is valued at AU$150.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dell XPS 15 vs. MacBook Pro 15: Fight!
- The SteelSeries Qck Prism is the first dual-sided RGB mousepad
- Nvidia's offering three free VR games if you buy a GTX 10 Series card and an Oculus Rift + Touch
- Call of Duty: WWII returns the series to Normandy and Germany on November 3
- Don't install the Windows 10 Creators Update on your own, Microsoft advises
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieQLD
- CCProject Manager - DigitalisationQLD
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- CCDigital Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Implementation Manager - Wealth AdviceNSW
- FTSolution ConsultantVIC
- FTWindows Dev Ops EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerQLD
- CCPlatform Engineer - DevOpsVIC
- FTPMO Project Analytics and Tools ManagerNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)QLD
- FTICT Program Manager- Transformation - Gov backgroundNSW
- FTAsst. Director - Claim Analysis. Work Location - CanberraACT
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- CCNetwork Design SpecialistNSW
- TPPrincipal Project Officer - ReportingQLD
- FTProject Coordinator - Telecommunications InfrastructureNSW
- FTTest Analyst - HCMSNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTICT Transformation Integration ManagerNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTEngineer Control Systems SpecialistSA
- FTTelecommunications Provisioning LeadQLD