LightSquared's primary investor, Philip Falcone, is exploring possible lawsuits against the FCC and the GPS industry in the wake of the FCC's rejection of the carrier's plan for a 4G cellular network, sources familiar with the company's planning conf...
Google wants a third damages report by an Oracle expert in the companies' lawsuit over the Android mobile OS to be thrown out, arguing that it is "riddled with fatal errors," according to a filing made Friday in U.S. District Court for the Northern D...
The operators of file-sharing site Megaupload are facing new charges, after the U.S. Department of Justice has filed a superseding indictment charging the nine defendants with additional counts of criminal copyright infringement and wire fraud.
The U.S. Congress has passed legislation that will allow the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to set aside a piece of unlicensed spectrum before new mobile spectrum auctions, despite opposition from some lawmakers who wanted all the available s...
Oracle has decided to give up on one of the patent claims it brought against Google in its lawsuit over alleged Java intellectual property violations in the Android mobile OS.
The Chrome Web Store, open to developers since mid-2010 and to end users since late 2010, is still at a nascent stage, but has the potential to succeed in a major way, according to a Google executive.
Google's alleged circumvention of do-not-track controls on Apple's Safari browser could lead to big fines from the U.S. Federal Trade Commission if the agency determines Google has violated a privacy settlement the company agreed to in March, some pr...
The pressure is on HTC and LG Electronics to show they can compete with Apple and Samsung Electronics in the smartphone market by showing off impressive products at Mobile World Congress, which starts in Barcelona later this month.
Stripping OCSP (Online Certificate Status Protocol) and CRL (certificate revocation list) checks from Google Chrome could have dangerous implications because it will turn Google into a single point of failure, according to security vendor Symantec.
An SAP-based human resources software system implemented last year by Kentucky's government suffered from a series of "material weaknesses" that could result in significant financial misstatements, according to a report released this week by the stat...
Acer is upgrading all of its Iconia Tab tablets to Google's latest Android 4.0 OS, with updates due to be completed by the end of April, the company said.
The Wall Street Journal has charged that Google, along with a number of other advertising agencies, have planted code on millions of iPhones that allows the companies to track user behavior.
Tech companies, coming off a strong earnings season, were big winners Thursday as markets rose to multiyear highs on reports of a strengthening economy.
Apple's opponent in an ongoing dispute for the iPad trademark in China previously tried to "exploit the situation" by demanding the U.S. tech giant pay US$10 million for the trademark, a Hong Kong judge ruled last June.
A trademark dispute in China over the iPad could spill over into U.S courts, after a little-known Chinese company threatened on Friday to sue Apple in the U.S. for among other things allegedly setting up a "fake company" to purchase the rights to the...
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
- Microsoft-Qualcomm deal finally puts Windows 10 and Win32 apps on ARM devices
- Halo 5: Forge's multiplayer is now more accessible on PC with a new custom game browser
- Ubisoft's 30th anniversary putters across the finish line with free copies of Assassin's Creed III
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTGraduate DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Test EngineerACT
- TPTest LeadQLD
- FTSenior Reporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- FTManager - Superannuation ConsultingNSW
- CCiOS Developer - 6 Month ContractNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCProject Manager :ApplicationsWA
- TPSAP FICO Functional AnalystQLD
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Digital MarketNSW
- CCWeb Optimisation AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCPerformance Test AnalystQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- FTIndustry Engagement ManagerVIC
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Architect - Immediate Start - Migration Project -Hyper-V & VMWareNSW
- FTILSP ManagerNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT