Having changed the underlying architecture of JavaFX, Oracle is discontinuing older versions of this platform for building RIAs (Rich Internet Applications). As a result, applications based on JavaFX 1.2 and JavaFX 1.3 will need to be updated to run ...
The growth in worldwide server shipments was slower than expected during the fourth quarter due to a shortage in the supply of hard drives, and the trend will continue into the first quarter this year, Gartner said in a study released on Thursday.
Digital rights group Public Knowledge has launched a campaign to reform U.S. copyright laws and make them more friendly to the Internet, in the eyes of the group.
Identity theft was the top complaint filed by U.S. residents to the Federal Trade Commission in 2011, with Internet-related fraud also a top concern, the agency said Tuesday.
Security firm Secunia expects a reaction from vendors as it plans to repackage security updates for hundreds of applications into its own proprietary installer and deliver them through the new version of Personal Software Inspector (PSI).
Two high-level executives of Swedish e-commerce startup Klarna are on their way home after the New York County district attorney agreed to dismiss charges of felony sexual assault that they had faced since early this month.
Cisco Systems announced its take on the reshaping of mobile networks that is emerging at this week's Mobile World Congress on Tuesday, saying it can build a Wi-Fi infrastructure spanning all the way from the access point to the core network.
Ericsson has joined OpenStack as part of its plan to serve operators that want to become cloud computing providers, the company said on Tuesday.
Google once considered issuing its own currency, to be called Google Bucks, company Chairman Eric Schmidt said on stage in Barcelona at the Mobile World Congress Tuesday.
Epicor is trying to stop Utah IT services firm Applied Integration from providing third-party support for its Dimensions software, alleging that the company has committed illegal acts in the course of doing so, according to a lawsuit filed this month...
To help its partners generate more cloud business, IBM has introduced new training, tools and a financial incentive package at its PartnerWorld conference, being held this week in New Orleans.
Micron Technology has bought out Intel's stake in two wafer factories that are part of a NAND joint venture between the two companies in a move they said will expand the supply of flash memory.
Alcatel One Touch has introduced 12 Android-based smartphones, including the Ultra 995, which will cost about US$250 and have a 4.3-inch screen.
A German court Monday overturned an injunction that blocked sales of the iPad and iPhone in the ongoing intellectual-property dispute between Apple and Motorola Mobility.
Vodafone's warning that caps on roaming charges would cost jobs has provoked ire in European Union institutions.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dash cam review: The Garmin Dash Cam 35 is a little bigger and better for the price
- Dash cam review: The Cobra CDR895D Drive HD offers affordable dual-channel video
- Dash cam review: The Thinkware F770 works with your smartphone
- Dash cam review: Garmin's DriveAssist 50LMT is first-class almost all the way
- Dash cam review: The Viofo A119 is a surprisingly good bargain
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- TPWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- CCProject/ Operational CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst - ReportingNSW
- FTBack End DeveloperNSW
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- CCCapacity PlannerACT
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCeLearning Support Officer - Moodle/Google appsACT
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - DETEQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- TPDynamics CRM Technical Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXACT