Five U.S. mobile phone carriers will launch databases allowing customers to report stolen phones and prevent them from being reactivated, in a wide-ranging effort also supported by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission and police chiefs to attac...
Worldwide tablet sales to end users are expected to total 118.9 million units in 2012, with Apple continuing to dominate and the Android camp struggling to replicate its success in the smartphone market, according to Gartner.
Intel on Tuesday announced a reference design for a new 7-inch education tablet, which will rekindle the chip maker's rivalry with nonprofit organization One Laptop Per Child in the area of providing computing devices as learning tools.
Epicor is being taken to court by a customer over an allegedly failed ERP (enterprise resource planning) implementation, but the case may illustrate the potential dangers customers engender by embarking on such IT projects by themselves.
Cybercriminals are using the Zeus online banking malware to target companies that use cloud-based payroll services, researchers from security firm Trusteer said Monday.
Verizon Wireless, Sprint, AT&T and T-Mobile are joining forces with the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to work on curbing phone thefts using a central database that will store information about stolen phones, according to reports.
India got its first 4G service with the country's largest mobile services provider Bharti Airtel launching services Tuesday based on the TD-LTE technology in the north-eastern city of Kolkata.
NEC has begun sales of new software to quickly find video clips in large archives, which is well-suited for finding illegal content on video sharing websites, it said Tuesday.
Sony expects its net loss for the fiscal year ending March 31 will be more than double what it forecast two months ago.
E-commerce sites run by Chinese Internet giant Alibaba Group expect the country's mobile shopping market will explode in size over the next two years as more users turn to their smartphones and tablets to buy products online.
Tape-storage administrators will be able to get performance information and immediate directions to prevent data loss in new management software, called StorageTek Tape Analytics, that Oracle introduced on Monday.
Microsoft, Motorola, Oracle and Google, Facebook and many others are fighting for a piece of righteous intellectual property pie
If I use the term "Ultrabook," you picture a very particular kind of laptop, don't you? It's super thin, sleek, and light. It's small enough to fit in a small shoulder bag or large purse...something very much like the Macbook Air. This is the image I...
Lots of mobile apps and Web services are available to help people who want all their digital content - not just documents - at their fingertips at any time. We look at 20 that are fun, useful, or both.
Facebook plans to acquire Instagram for roughly $1 billion in cash and stock, but says it will allow the popular photo app to grow independently.
A new tide of demand for high-performance computer equipment is sweeping the world, as eSports becomes a major form of entertainment and spectator activity. With that, the technology supporting eSports is maturing rapidly.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Radeon RX 480 owners are transforming their graphics cards into the Radeon RX 580
- EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 review: A ferocious graphics card with a radical cooler
- Why getting the basics right in ITSM is the real advantage for businesses
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Information Security SpecialistQLD
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Technical & FunctionalACT
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTSolution ConsultantVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - DSITIQLD
- FTAgile Scrum Master/TrainerNSW
- FTSales Lead / Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - North RydeNSW
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Service Desk Manager - Team LeaderNSW
- FTSolutions Architect (Collaboration Technology) - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCBusiness Project Manager - ApplicationsNSW
- TPFront-End DeveloperNSW
- FTTester AnalystACT
- FTSenior Finance Business Analyst, Superannuation, WealthNSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCSAP FICO Support AnalystWA
- TPSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCVMware AdministratorNSW
- CCSystems AdministratorNSW
- CCProcess Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTInside Sales Consultants - SMSF SoftwareNSW
- CCChange AnalystQLD
- FTProject Support AnalystNSW
- FTIT Service Owner - Supply Chain TechnologiesNSW