Here are some of the best Metro-Style Windows 8 apps - optimised for touchscreens, but functional with mouses and keyboards.
Intel suffered a setback in the server market this week with the news that its former partner, SeaMicro, is being acquired by AMD. But the world's top chip maker said it was internally developing technology to remain competitive in the dense server m...
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission is seeking public comments on whether it's ever appropriate for law enforcement agencies to shut down mobile networks in the name of public safety, as Bay Area Rapid Transit did last August.
Earnings season has essentially ended, but Yelp's initial public offering Friday, Apple's record high share price and a strong market for IT stocks are giving tech investors plenty to get excited about.
PHP, one of the most widely used languages for building websites, has been updated with a number of improvements to ease development and speed performance.
Google Apps customers are finding it hard to delete and reactivate domains in their accounts, after Google unexpectedly disabled the automated mechanism for performing these tasks in mid-January.
An Oregon man has been convicted of seven courts of wire fraud for helping thousands of people steal Internet service, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
The judge overseeing Oracle's intellectual property lawsuit against Google wants Oracle to provide "a clear answer" as to why the trial shouldn't be postponed until a number of patent reexamination processes are fully played out, according to a filin...
Apple and Samsung Electronics each saw patent lawsuits they had filed against one another dismissed by a German court on Friday. Samsung expects to appeal its dismissal.
Established vendors such as HTC, Sony and LG Electronics want to set their smartphones apart from less expensive devices from ZTE and Huawei. But as looks and hardware specifications are becoming more similar and software differentiation harder, havi...
A company that has been providing third-party support for Oracle's JD Edwards ERP (enterprise resource planning) software is undergoing a significant expansion of its efforts, despite the ongoing cloud of litigation over the market.
Tucked among the mostly male entrepreneurs at a bustling conference for startups this week in Singapore are a number of aspiring women CEOs, but most would rather you didn't make a big deal about it.
Politics could tip the scales in Apple's favor for a high-stakes legal battle that will decide ownership of the iPad trademark in mainland China. But some legal experts remain divided on whether it will be enough to help the U.S. tech giant avoid a b...
Concern about cyberterrorism was evident this week among security experts at the RSA security conference in San Francisco, who find that some people with extremist views have the technical knowledge that could be used to hack into systems.
Eastman Kodak, which filed for bankruptcy protection in January, has entered into an agreement with Shutterfly for the sale of certain assets of its online photo services business for US$23.8 million, it said Thursday.
Despite its unsexy-sounding name, NAS has long been an essential gadget among tech enthusiasts. Here's 3 reasons why every home needs one in this day and age.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- PC World Test rig 2017
- Samsung blames batteries from two makers for Note7 explosions
- Why Apple will make smart glasses
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCData Modeller and Business Analyst - Integration ProjectQLD
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleVIC
- FTCloud Orchestration SpecialistVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC
- TPSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTTest Analyst - HealthcareVIC
- CCSystem Engineer - AdelaideWA
- FTTechnical Account ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager - Location Management Program - TelcoVIC
- FTAutomation TesterVIC
- CCSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness and Change Deployment LeadVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solution ArchitectSA
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & LendingQLD
- TPProject CoordintorVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager - IT SolutionsNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPProject Manager - Data ManagementSA