Intel's upcoming Core i-series processors based on the Ivy Bridge architecture are being pitched at ultrabooks, but the company is now extending the chips to high-performance tablets with Microsoft's upcoming Windows 8 operating system.
Lawyers for Megaupload, the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), Web hosting provider Carpathia Hosting and other groups fighting over who should maintain 1,100 servers formerly used by Megaupload should sit down and work out an arrangement, a U.S. judg...
Mozilla developers are working on a new Firefox feature that will block the automated display of plug-in-based content like Flash videos, Java applets or PDF files, and will protect users from attacks that exploit vulnerabilities in browser plug-ins ...
Adding to its already considerable line of analysis software and expertise, IBM announced Friday that it has acquired business intelligence software provider Varicent Software.
IBM has distributed to partners the first external beta code of Notes/Domino Social Edition, which will allow Notes client applications to run in a browser, the company said in a blog post on Thursday.
A court in Delhi Thursday dropped the Indian unit of Google from a civil suit regarding alleged objectionable content on its websites, but retained the parent company, the lawyer for the plaintiff said.
SAP published preliminary figures for its first-quarter results on Friday, showing revenue up 11 percent year on year, but margins shrinking with operating profit up only 6 percent.
Microsoft is battling to reduce the time it takes to approve and publish Windows Phone apps, and to improve the responsiveness of its developer portal App Hub, following complaints from developers, the company said in a blog post on Thursday.
Sharp said Friday it has begun mass production of displays using IGZO (indium, gallium, zinc) technology, which analysts have said is a prime candidate for use in upcoming Apple products including its rumored smart TV.
Infosys' revenue in its fourth quarter and full fiscal year ended March 31 fell short of guidance, as global markets for its services are recovering very slowly, the company said Friday.
Microsoft named a new executive to head the company's Greater China region on Friday, following the sudden departure of the area's current leader.
Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) has postponed the last date for applications for new generic top-level domains (gTLDs) on its application system to April 20, after it detected a technical issue with the software.
China has taken down more than 210,000 online posts and closed 42 websites since mid-March as part of a crackdown on Internet rumors, which authorities claim represent a danger to society, officials said Thursday.
To state the obvious,, Microsoft is hugely important economically and culturally, and as Peter Parker (AKA Spiderman) was told by his grandfather: "With great power comes great responsibility." (Actually Voltaire said it first but he said it in Frenc...
Fenway Park may be 100 years old this season but that doesn't mean the Boston Red Sox baseball stadium is stuck with antiquated technology.
Work / Life balance, Windows 10 allows you to get the best of both worlds.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- This week in games: Forza Horizon 3 gets Hot Wheels, Terry Crews gets a wild Old Spice PC
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTProject Manager - Data MigrationNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTMobile Studio Manager/ Mobile UX Manager - GAME CHANGER!NSW
- FTSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSecurity Incident Analyst - Splunk - TelcoVIC
- TPIntermediate Change ManagerQLD
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSecurity ConsultantACT
- FTSystems Engineer | Managed Services ExpVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - UX experience NeededNSW
- FTSenior Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTPHP / WordPress DeveloperQLD
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsSA
- FTChange Management LeadNSW
- FTInformation Security ManagerACT
- FTProduct Manager - Machine To MachineVIC
- CCJava Developer IntegrationQLD
- FTSecurity ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksVIC
- TPAutomation TesterQLD
- FTProject Manager (Cyber Security) - Permanent - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTOracle E-Business Technical ConsultantVIC