LG has patched a security flaw in an application preinstalled on millions of its Android G3 smartphones that researchers found could be used to steal a variety of data.
Facebook has just given developers a year to stop relying on its hosted Parse services, announcing it will shut down the services it acquired when it purchased the company of the same name in 2013.
Microsoft is betting on reinventing itself as a cloud company, and the financial results it released Thursday show that its push is paying off despite an overall decline in revenue.
Profits from Amazon's cloud division jumped 69 per cent last quarter, but the rest of its business fared less well.
Hardware leaks indicate it might be HTC's most advanced phone yet with a Quad HD display and a laser-assisted, 12-UltraPixel camera.
An increasing number of iOS application developers use a technique that allows them to remotely modify the code in their apps without going through the official app store's review process, an action that poses security risks for users.
They said it couldn't be done, but this week Google's AI technology proved them wrong by mastering the ancient Chinese game of Go roughly a decade earlier than anyone expected.
Verizon has been told it must remove huge ads that are blanketing two sides of a building in downtown San Francisco a stone's throw from the city's Super Bowl celebration.
Smartphones will get 4K video playback and unprecedented LTE and wireless speeds with Qualcomm's new Snapdragon 820. Many flagship handsets with that chip will be announced soon.
The European Union's top antitrust regulator is looking for an excuse to investigate Google's controversial deal with U.K. tax authorities -- and a Scottish legislator is ready to give her one.
Next year, the Java browser plug-in, which is frequently the target of Web-based exploits, will be retired by Oracle.
Smartphone shipment growth was at its lowest ever in the fourth quarter of 2015 on account of the maturity of major markets like China and consumer concerns about the global economy, according to a research firm.
Consumers looking to decorate their homes can now visualise new furniture and décor products in life-like 3D in their own rooms, thanks to a new Augmented Reality platform, from Cimagine.
Google's VirusTotal service has added a new tool that analyzes firmware, the low-level code that bridges a computer's hardware and operating system at startup.
Verizon Wireless is installing nearly 100 cells to make sure its network can handle the crush of a million or more fans around this year's big game in the San Francisco Bay Area. Almost all will stay up after the game's over.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft lets cautious users try more of Windows 10’s leading edge
- A new IoT gateway design could be Bluetooth's ticket to the cloud
- Data science achieves the ultimate ROI: a craft beer
- SAP slaps patch on leaky factory software
- Paul McCartney gives Skype some silly love songs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- CCProject Manager - Customer Engagement / NPSVIC
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- FTProgram ManagerNSW
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW