Browser company Opera Software has received an acquisition offer for about US$1.2 billion from a Chinese consortium consisting of Internet companies Beijing Kunlun Tech and Qihoo 360 Software.
The U.S. federal transport safety regulator is coming around to the view that rules could be updated so that computers in autonomous cars can be considered as drivers, but added that the rule-making could take some time.
Kaspersky Lab has linked a single group to a long-known campaign of cyberattacks that appears to be aimed at extorting corporate victims.
Docker has long relied on Ubuntu Linux as the default host environment for Docker apps, but comments made by the company's CTO recently suggest that might not be the case much longer.
The vast majority - 95.7 per cent - of Australians agree that recycling electronic waste (e-waste) is important, yet 45 per cent do not currently recycle, according to new research commissioned by e-waste collection and recycling service, TechCollect...
Google is taking another step away from Flash, Adobe Systems' multimedia program widely criticized for its frequent security vulnerabilities.
Samsung sees the popular Raspberry Pi board as a way for masses to develop products with Tizen OS.
Practically every mobile vendor and service provider at Mobile World Congress will have demonstrations -- or at least visions -- of what they think the future 5G mobile standard will be able to do.
Enterprise mobility is often a tug-of-war between freedom-seeking employees and security-minded IT departments, but VMware aims to make those differences go away.
Google announced Tuesday that it will warn users when they may want to be careful about revealing sensitive information over email with a pair of new security features.
Intel's Itanium processor lineup has an uncertain future, but Hewlett Packard Enterprise is committed to an upcoming chip code-named Kittson.
A Java-based Trojan known as Adwind and AlienSpy has been rebranded as JSocket and is being sold as a service to all types of attackers, from opportunistic cybercriminals to cyberespionage groups.
If you're looking at buying servers from Hewlett Packard Enterprise, don't let a new naming convention throw you off balance.
Amazon Web Services is handing PC and console game developers new tools to encourage them to use its cloud services for their back-end server infrastructure.
President Barack Obama is proposing a sharp increase in the fiscal 2017 budget on cybersecurity spending, which is aimed at improving dated government software and promoting better Internet security for consumers.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Opera gets acquisition offer from Chinese consortium that includes Qihoo
- US regulator coming around to view that a Google computer could qualify as car driver
- Poseidon hacker group behind long-running extortion scheme
- Is Docker ditching Ubuntu Linux? Confusion reigns
- 45 per cent of Australians do not recycle e-waste: TechCollect
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java, Oracle ADF) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Oracle ProcurementSA
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW