The sequel to the PlayStation 3 launch title Resistance: Fall of Man, Resistance 2 sees players continuing the fight against the aggressive alien invader that has captured Earth. The game features two separate campaigns, eight player co-operative gam...
Released yesterday, the D700 is a 12.1 megapixel digital SLR camera with a wide range of features borrowed from Nikon's flagship D300 model.
When it comes to laptops, ultrathin is in -- particularly since the launch of Apple's MacBook Air earlier this year. As might be expected, though, the Air isn't the only game in town -- skinny laptops are available from a variety of other vendors.
HP recently created quite a buzz by announcing its first affordable 30-bit display panel. The DreamColour LP2480zx is a 24in display that will be ideal for a host of professionals, including graphic designers, animators and video editors.
Despite an outpouring of demand -- including more than 210,000 people who signed InfoWorld's "Save XP" petition, Microsoft held firm and Monday discontinued sales of XP in most cases. So, we bid adieu to Windows XP.
Today's IT managers face tough choices. PCs that run fine today have an uncertain upgrade path, now that Microsoft has chosen to discontinue Windows XP. Upgrade costs associated with Vista, coupled with the ever-escalating cost of application license...
Firefox 3 has been out for two weeks now, so get with the program: It's time to hack it. The newest version of Mozilla's browser has plenty of new features, including the site identification button, the Bookmarks Library and what has become known as ...
Judging from initial accounts, the next version of the Mac OS X, named Snow Leopard, will be aimed squarely at business and enterprise users, signaling a formal push by Apple to take Windows head on outside the consumer and education markets. "Apple ...
It may look like Windows Vista. It shares the same code base as Vista. It even rolls in Vista's first Service Pack. But in terms of customer adoption plans, Windows Server 2008 is no Vista.
Windows Vista has been slow to catch on in business. Could Windows Server 2008 ride to the rescue? The new server operating system shares the same code base as Windows Vista and includes some features that are optimized to work with Vista.
Don't say you weren't warned. Your 32-bit Windows applications are going the way of analog television: Unless they're upgraded, in the next few years they'll go dark.
Seven's TiVo HD unit is the latest PVR to hit the Australian scene. It has all the credentials of a normal PVR, with the added bonus of an incredible amount of functionality from the TiVo service -- a built-in comprehensive program guide, show search...
UFC 2009 Undisputed is a next-gen mixed martial arts fighting game in development by THQ, Yuke's, and the Ultimate Fighting Championship. The game features fighters and personalities from the UFC organization, with over 80 playable fighters that kick...
When Enterprise Rent-A-Car completes a move from PCs to thin clients this season, as part of the rollout of a new rental transaction system, it expects to cut internal energy consumption by 5 million kilowatt-hours.
The Ontario Cancer Institute in Canada has deployed what it's calling Canada's fastest research supercomputer to help discover more effective cancer treatments.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
- Watch Dogs 2 review: A fresh, interesting rebirth that ditches the stale Ubisoft formula
- How to shoot a drone out of the sky
- Report: Microsoft's Home Hub will chase Amazon's Echo as a software service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTDatabase Administration Team LeaderQLD
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystWA
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Security Analyst | 6mth ContractQLD
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudVIC
- FTTechnical Writer - HealthcareVIC
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT
- TPSenior UI Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- CCSenior Information Management SMENSW
- FTTraining CoordinatorNSW
- FTOBIEE/ Oracle BI Analyst- Informatica & DACWA
- CCSAP CRM Technical LeadACT
- CCLead Enterprise Solution Architect - CloudNSW
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- TPSharePoint ConsultantNSW
- TPAEM Developer (frontend)NSW
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterNSW
- FTChange ManagerSA
- CCService SupportACT
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst | HealthQLD
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- TPSharePoint ConsultantACT