HP recently created quite a buzz by announcing its first affordable 30-bit display panel. The DreamColour LP2480zx is a 24in display that will be ideal for a host of professionals, including graphic designers, animators and video editors.
Despite an outpouring of demand -- including more than 210,000 people who signed InfoWorld's "Save XP" petition, Microsoft held firm and Monday discontinued sales of XP in most cases. So, we bid adieu to Windows XP.
Today's IT managers face tough choices. PCs that run fine today have an uncertain upgrade path, now that Microsoft has chosen to discontinue Windows XP. Upgrade costs associated with Vista, coupled with the ever-escalating cost of application license...
Firefox 3 has been out for two weeks now, so get with the program: It's time to hack it. The newest version of Mozilla's browser has plenty of new features, including the site identification button, the Bookmarks Library and what has become known as ...
Judging from initial accounts, the next version of the Mac OS X, named Snow Leopard, will be aimed squarely at business and enterprise users, signaling a formal push by Apple to take Windows head on outside the consumer and education markets. "Apple ...
It may look like Windows Vista. It shares the same code base as Vista. It even rolls in Vista's first Service Pack. But in terms of customer adoption plans, Windows Server 2008 is no Vista.
Windows Vista has been slow to catch on in business. Could Windows Server 2008 ride to the rescue? The new server operating system shares the same code base as Windows Vista and includes some features that are optimized to work with Vista.
Don't say you weren't warned. Your 32-bit Windows applications are going the way of analog television: Unless they're upgraded, in the next few years they'll go dark.
Seven's TiVo HD unit is the latest PVR to hit the Australian scene. It has all the credentials of a normal PVR, with the added bonus of an incredible amount of functionality from the TiVo service -- a built-in comprehensive program guide, show search...
UFC 2009 Undisputed is a next-gen mixed martial arts fighting game in development by THQ, Yuke's, and the Ultimate Fighting Championship. The game features fighters and personalities from the UFC organization, with over 80 playable fighters that kick...
When Enterprise Rent-A-Car completes a move from PCs to thin clients this season, as part of the rollout of a new rental transaction system, it expects to cut internal energy consumption by 5 million kilowatt-hours.
The Ontario Cancer Institute in Canada has deployed what it's calling Canada's fastest research supercomputer to help discover more effective cancer treatments.
The AVIC-F500BT and the AVIC-F900BT are Pioneer's next generation of in-car integrated solutions. The AVIC-F series combines in-car entertainment systems with the latest in navigation technology and information systems. Both units offer a complete au...
If there is any doubt to the power of social media, social networking and social software, then nonbelievers may need to Think New Orleans.
No one in video games ever visits the planet of tea and earthly delights.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hands-on: Microsoft's Surface Studio is a Windows PC for the Mac crowd
- Renewable energy represented more than half of all new power capacity in '15
- Apple postpones the AirPods release date to ???
- Microsoft quietly unveils a Surface mouse and desktop keyboards for Surface Studio
- Microsoft's Surface Book i7 doubles the GPU performance of its predecessor
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSEO StrategistNSW
- CCSAP BPC Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceSA
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSharePoint / Office365 DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AX - Brisbane BasedQLD
- CCTivoli Access Manager DeveloperNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTDevelopment Manager - Web, Mobile and CMSNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Health Industry - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTData ScientistSA
- CCSenior Network EngineerACT
- FTiOS Developer - PermanentWA
- FTTest LeadQLD
- FTSenior Oracle DBAQLD
- CCSAP HANNA ArchitectNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 161026/AP/632Asia
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCFull Stack Developer - Be a part of the innovation programVIC
- FTMULTIPLE PERM PROJECT MANAGERSACT
- FTSenior AEM Support AnalystVIC
- FTBiomedical Project ManagerQLD
- CCMicrosoft AX Support AnalystsQLD
- CCSenior C# .Net EngineerNSW