It's been two weeks since the launch of the already iconic Apple iPhone 3G in Australia and the hype machine is still in overdrive. Although plenty of Australians have already snapped up iPhones, there are many who won't buy into the hype and are loo...
Following on from the success of Rock Band, Harmonix will soon release the sequel, Rock Band 2. With a soundtrack of more than 80 songs and backwards compatibility with songs from the original Rock Band, players can sing, drum, pluck or strum as they...
For once it doesn't matter whether you swear by the Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 or PC gaming. It's all here. Here's what caught our eye -- and what we wish we'd never laid eyes on -- at this year's E3 gaming expo in LA.
It's too bad the late George Carlin never updated his classic '70s comedy monologue "A place for my stuff" for the Digital Age. Here's how I imagine it would've gone:
Disney World, Epcot, Universal Studios and ... Space Orlando. In the future, Florida could be the site of a simulated "elevator" that allows people to check out life on a space station, virtually.
Batman: The Dark Knight, the most highly anticipated of the series yet, hit cinemas on Thursday.
Security researcher Dan Kaminsky announced last week that a major bug affected DNS software, which translates human-usable domain names like "pcworld.com" into the IP addresses that computers use to find each other. DNS servers guide most all Interne...
This week at E3 2008, there was a few mysteries surrounding Halo. First, Microsoft made no mention of any Halo game--not even Halo Wars--at its press briefing on Monday morning.
Calling all digital nomads -- you may not be wearing a dark suit, a tie and shiny shoes, but you're out there with at least a full day of work to get done. Chances are that, more times than not, your workspace is a table at Starbucks, a hotel lobby c...
The US Air Force is using Web 2.0 technologies to better support its missions despite wariness about security, a civilian technology official of the service said last week.
I'm all for celebrating slack on a weekly basis here at PC World, but there's something more tangible that I like just as much: free games.
Here at the E3 2008 games expo, I got the chance to spend some quality time with early builds of Nintendo's latest 'Wii Series' games: Wii Sports Resort (a sequel to Wii Sports) and Wii Music (once planned as a Wii console launch title). The early ve...
It's smart, it's got fantastic curves, it's got sexy moves and grooves, it's -- wait, you thought I was talking about the PlayStation Video Store? Well yeah, actually, I am. What were you thinking?
After a seven-year break, EA is planning to release a new version of Red Alert, one of the most loved and best-selling strategy games of all time.
Nintendo used its E3 keynote this year to demonstrate the progress the company has made with developing Wii Music. Nintendo revealed that the Wii Balance Board will be used to play the drums, and that players will be able to use more than 50 instrume...
There are many laptops and convertibles on the market but few represent a full realisation of what a Windows-based convertible can be – a total marriage of Windows’ features with the hardware to make the most of it. This is why Microsoft made its own device, the Surface Pro, which is now in its fourth iteration.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- Smartwatches wear out their welcome with Motorola
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Apple reportedly betting on drones and indoor data to make Maps better
- Apple now takes your old Apple Watch for free recycling
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperSA
- CCSolutions Designer/Architect- ServiceNowVIC
- FTJunior / Trainee Storage AdministratorNSW
- CCIT Systems AnalystACT
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst/Salesforce Developer APEXNSW
- CCNetwork Solution Designer/Architect - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCPerformance TesterVIC
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- CCFullstack Developer (AngularJs & Java 8)QLD
- TPSAP BO DeveloperWA
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCProject Engineer (Microwave)SA
- CCLevel 1 Help Desk - Immediate Start!QLD
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- TPSQL/BI DeveloperNSW
- CCPrincipal Business AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect - CloudVIC
- FTIT Client Support AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- TPSharePoint SpecialistQLD