A massive, rich, action-packed game where players may play as the heroic forces of good or as the legions of Sauron's evil army, including Cave-trolls, Oliphaunts, the Balrog and Sauron himself. Coming from Pandemic Studios in late 2008.
A preview of what gizmos won't be appearing in future editions of tech magazine columns.
The release of an esoteric plug-in for a twenty-year-old piece of software normally doesn't merit much attention... except when the software is the ubiquitous Microsoft Word, and the add-on could have a major positive effect on the 1.5 million blind ...
Olaf Kopetsch, who lives in Germany, always tries to get his hands on American video games and movies--partly because he wants to play the unedited versions of U.S. titles, but mostly because he wants to learn some slang. No, I'm serious. This practi...
The chat screen text when you enter the new World of WarCraft expansion says it all: Welcome to Northrend, land of the ghoul and home of the undead!
Batman is getting a make-over and it's done in bricks.
Let's look at some software packages that help me get more work done.
It's been a little quiet on the Motorola front since the launch of the now iconic MOTORAZR2. Rest assured, however, the company haven't slipped off the radar: it's planning a multitude of releases in Q2 and Q3 of 2008. Among these are the E8, the U9 ...
Mother-approved gadgets and gizmos as chosen by a tech-tolerant mum.
The Australian Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) recently celebrated its 100th birthday: a century predicting the weather.
Way back in the 20th century, Windows prepared you for the day your PC wouldn't boot. It came with a program that formatted a bootable floppy disk, complete with diagnostic and repair utilities. If you had the forethought to create that floppy while ...
EBay will roll out a host of changes to its feedback mechanism this month globally, including the controversial elimination of sellers' ability to leave negative feedback for buyers.
For some of us, there's nothing more exciting than gathering round the TV clutching a ticket in one sweaty palm and making a mental list of all the extravagant purchases we're going to make just as soon as our numbers roll out of that magical machine...
A desktop replacement notebook is perfect if you don't have the space for a fully fledged desktop setup, but today's desktop replacement notebooks are often much more than typical notebooks: in many cases they are complete entertainment systems, and ...
Metal Gear Online is an upcoming online multiplayer spin-off of the Metal Gear stealth/action game series from Konami. MGO will see players work in teams of up to 16 to complete cooperative missions and battles, as well as fighting independently in d...
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: The busiest, biggest and best Samsung phablet
- 3 Aldi's $279 Bauhn Sphere review: Disappointing
- 4 Nokia Lumia 735 review: Perfectly ordinary
- 5 Bowers & Wilkins P5 (Series 2) review: For elegant sound
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Reports: EU taking first step towards breaking up Google
- US man sentenced for hacking POS systems at Subway
- FCC chairman gives no timeline for net neutrality decision
- Connected-home Babel: There's an app for that, startup says
- Apple delivers another Yosemite beta as WiFi issues persist
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC