Replacing the older E-510 model, Olympus' new mid-tier SLR, the E-520, is as feature-filled as its predecessor.
When Gordon Moore made his prediction in a 1965 issue of Electronic Magazine (download PDF) that the number of transistors on a chip would double every year (eventually updated by Moore to two years and then updated again by Intel to 18 months), it w...
A long-term battle is brewing between two emerging high-speed wireless technologies, WiMax and Long Term Evolution (LTE). Each would more than quadruple existing wireless wide-area access speeds for users.
iPhones, broadband and gamers give reason for economic hope.
Coming in November from Epic Games, Gears of War 2 promises blood, guts and awesome action. Check out this slideshow for a sneak peak at this great looking Xbox 360 game.
The Web 2.0 Expo at San Francisco's Moscone Center West, doesn't take up a huge amount of space: Startups predominate, and most don't have money for big flashy booths. But there's more cool new technology per square foot here than at many big trade s...
Updating your graphics card can be a costly business, especially if you're into gaming. Thankfully, there is also a bevy of affordable options for those on limited budgets. But making the right choice isn't easy -- plenty of graphics cards are duds, ...
This slideshow complements the interview with James Fallows, who has experienced "The Great Firewall of China" firsthand. What follows is a list of the differences between the Internet, as seen in the US vs. China.
Western Digital's Raptor was first introduced in 2003 and it was the first 10,000rpm hard drive to gain popularity among gamers and elite PC users. Five years later and the Raptor is still around; this time it looks much different than what we're use...
Everybody's favourite angry, green, radioactive hero is set to return to both the big and small screens. <i>The Incredible Hulk</i> is hitting cinemas on 13 June, and the accompanying video game will be released on 3 June for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 ...
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm, coming from Namco Bandai Games later this year, is the first entry for the famed ninja on the PS3. The game will feature an adventure mode with more than 100 missions, and 25 transformable fighters. Check out this slides...
One of the challenges in mobile computing is battery life. It's hard to be productive with a dead battery, so IT personnel and users alike need to think about maximising run time between charges.
When buying a motherboard for an Intel CPU, the most important consideration is the chipset. This will determine whether or not it will support the latest connectivity features, memory technology and, most importantly, the latest-model CPUs. There's ...
Does all this talk of WiMAX, 3G and 4G make your head spin? Here's a quick primer about what each technology really delivers.
The GPU (graphics processing unit) is undoubtedly the most important component in a gamer's PC. If you're serious about gaming, you'll need a high-end card that can handle all the latest DirectX 10 features, blistering frame rates and maxed-out resol...
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: The busiest, biggest and best Samsung phablet
- 3 Aldi's $279 Bauhn Sphere review: Disappointing
- 4 Nokia Lumia 735 review: Perfectly ordinary
- 5 Bowers & Wilkins P5 (Series 2) review: For elegant sound
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Why is Microsoft updating Windows PCs for a security bug on the server?
- Prices for 4K monitors sink below $500
- Apple's $450 million e-books settlement gets final approval
- Reports: EU taking first step towards breaking up Google
- US man sentenced for hacking POS systems at Subway
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT