Google's just-released Chrome takes the same approach to browser design that Google takes to its home page -- stripped-down, fast and functional, with very few bells and whistles.
In case you haven't noticed, it's an election year in the US.
When it comes to games, all manufacturers are guilt of imitating other's products and ideas.
Technology is supposed to make life easier, but it doesn't seem that way when you're struggling to wrangle 289 new e-mail messages, dealing with a hard-drive crash, or suddenly realizing that you left an important file on the office computer. Thankfu...
Yesterday, Heroes fans in Sydney got up close and personal with Milo Ventimiglia and Masi Oka -- two of the lead stars of the hit sci-fi TV show.
Adobe's PDF (Portable Document Format) is one of the most popular ways to distribute printed information electronically.
The first beta of Chrome, Google's long-in-development Internet browser, became available Tuesday afternoon for Windows Vista and XP users, with Mac and Linux editions soon to follow.
A quick taste of Google's new browser
The main theme from Super Mario Bros. is iconic. Any gamer with an inkling of musical talent has learned to play the song on their instrument of choice. When the chosen instrument is completely bizarre, the results are the 7 Weirdest Mario Theme Perf...
The US Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) -- a body that gives games an age rating -- doesn't always get it right, according to our colleagues at GamePro (US). Here are 10 examples where the ESRB got it wrong.
Razor-blade makers sell consumers the shaver at low prices and then make a killing selling replacement blades. Printer manufacturers do the same thing -- selling their printers on the cheap and then making bank on expensive consumables like ink. It's...
For small businesses, every bit of exposure is worth its weight in gold. In Australia, statistics show that there were nearly 1.93 million small businesses in 2006–07, representing about 96 per cent of all active businesses in the country.
With the growing popularity of Apple's iPhone, Research In Motion (RIM)'s BlackBerry and other smartphones, it's no surprise that third-party vendors are jumping on the accessory train like geeks on Star Wars marathons.
We all know Jerry Seinfeld's into Superman. Now, the comedian may need to find his own inner Man of Steel if he's to succeed in changing the world's impression of Windows Vista.
A quiet revolution has begun in our living rooms. Microsoft and Sony plan to overthrow your A/V receiver, DVD player, and set-top box, and replace them with one of their game consoles. This past spring, both companies unveiled movie download and stre...
Singing praises about a device that literally ‘sings’ – find out what this is all about.
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- StarCraft Remastered updates a legend with 4K widescreen support, updated audio, and more
- Inkle's space archaeologist adventure won't tell you if your lost language translations are wrong
- Dell's 28-inch 4K monitor is just $300 right now
- Three privacy tools that block your Internet provider from tracking you
- Dell's wild 8K monitor goes on sale with a just-as-stunning price tag
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCOrganisational Change Analyst - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- TPSystems ManagerQLD
- FTChief Security OfficerNSW
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- CCOrganisational Change LeadNSW
- CCApplication Support Specialist- Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW
- TPMedia AssistantNSW
- TPJava DeveloperWA
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTPMO CoordinatorNSW
- CCUser Researcher/Business AnalysisACT
- FTSystems AdministratorNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCPerformance AnalystQLD
- FTManagement AccountantNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCApplication Developer - FileNetQLD
- TPTeam Leader Project And Quality AssuranceVIC
- FTData Analyst LeadSA
- FTService Delivery ManagerWA
- FTSystem Engineer - Level 2NSW
- FTWeb DeveloperVIC
- FTHadoop Service AdministratorSA
- FTSenior Applications Support AnalystSA