Sooner or later, we all end up installing new software on our computers. Whether it's a new version of Firefox, or a cool game, or a video editing package, there comes a time when you want to make your system do more than it can do now.
The collapse of Wall Street may help make computer science and IT careers attractive to students who abandoned these fields in droves after the pop of the last big bubble, the dot-com bust of 2001.
There's no question that mobile phones are the Mother of All Convergence Devices. In the past 10 years, bland, single-purpose mobile phones have assimilated digital cameras, media players, PDAs, GPS devices, camcorders and much more.
Have you heard this story?
Get Windows humming again, supercharge your browser, and clear out the crud with these (mostly) free downloads.
If you’ve ever let a stranger borrow your corporate smartphone, you may have just given him a gift of your company’s data.
Is your PC tired and sluggish? Has its get up and go got up and went? If you want a faster system, you could certainly break the bank and buy a new machine. Or you could read this article instead.
Trying to boost the IT capabilities at his digital forensics company, Brian Dykstra invested in a quad-core processor-based server. After all, he figured, more cores means a more powerful machine that can do far more work than single-core systems.
How the two 3G smartphones stack up against each other
Nokia Australia recently announced the availability of its flagship N-Series handset, the N96.
If you've got a modern big-screen TV or projector setup, chances are you're interested in getting the highest quality, most immersive cinema experience possible. Where many systems stumble, though, is with sound quality.
You've done the hard work of optimizing your Wi-Fi network, and it reliably beams high-speed data to every nook and cranny of your home or office. Now, it's time to take it to the next level by connecting more than just computers.
To a lot of people, Ubuntu represents the most end-user-friendly nongeek-compatible Linux distribution. But there are other commercial distributions that work even harder to create a desktop experience that is, frankly, Windows-like. The two most wel...
Will this finally kill the Eee PC?
Microsoft's next-gen console has a truckload of games, a winning online formula with Xbox Live, and a controller that rests easy in your palms for hours on end.
With no financial or accounting background it can be tricky for small business owners to get on top of their financials. Reckon One can help you overcome this challenge.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Don't install the Windows 10 Creators Update on your own, Microsoft advises
- Scanner Sombre review: A weird and unsettling glimpse into darkness
- How to stop websites from asking for your location in Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Opera, Safari
- Microsoft cuts off 40 percent of Windows phones with Creators Update shift
- Google will try to combat fake news using search and user feedback
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTOracle Database Administrator (DBA)SA
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - FinanceQLD
- CCSenior System AdministratorQLD
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior / Lead AEM DeveloperNSW
- TPData AnalystVIC
- FTSalesforce Developer - UrgentNSW
- CCSystems AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior ICT Project ManagerNSW
- CCMaster Data Analyst - SAPNSW
- FTMidrange Application Developer (.Net)ACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Mobile ApplicationsQLD
- TPTesting SpecialistQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - BI, Analytics & Big DataNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer FIFO WeipaQLD
- FTChange Management LeadNSW
- FTInformation Security ManagerACT
- CCProject Scheduler/CoordinatorVIC
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCPlatform Engineer - DevOpsVIC
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- FTSystems Development Assistant Team LeadNSW
- FTIT Helpdesk AnalystVIC