If you want to watch 3D movies bursting out of the screen, you'll need a 3D TV: a regular LCD or plasma just won't cut it. We've made sure you can find every review of every 3D TV we've done easily -- they're all here in one place.
If you want to record TV, or play digital TV on an old TV set, you'll want a set-top box or personal video recorder. We've consolidated all our PVR reviews here for easy access.
If you want to watch a movie that will make your new Full HD LED or plasma TV look good, you'll need a Blu-ray player. We've rounded up all our Blu-ray player reviews in one place.
We round-up the best HTC smartphones on the market in 2012, including upcoming 4G models like the One XL and the Windows Phone-powered Titan II 4G.
Quad-core smartphones are all the rage in 2012, as manufacturers have begun to equip their flagship models with the latest in mobile processor technology.
4G may be relatively new in Australia, but there are a few smartphones available on the market that utilise this super fast technology.
The ability to work anywhere, anytime is essential for any student. Thanks to mobile broadband modems it's easy to access the Internet whether you're at home, school or university
If you've got a heap of digital textbooks or course notes that you want hard copies of, invest in a laser printer. They're extremely cheap and can produce plenty of pages off a single toner cartridge.
If you've got an older PC or laptop and need some more storage space for school -- for some movies or music, or if you've just bought a new digital camera or camcorder for class -- an easy way to fix this is to buy an external hard drive. We've liste...
So you've bought a new PC or laptop for the school year, but you want more screen real estate. Or maybe your old PC is doing just fine, but you've got to use a larger screen for writing assignments and researching. We've listed a few good monitors yo...
If you're going back to school, and you've got a shiny new MP3 player or smartphone filled with music and movies, you'll need some good headphones to go with it. Pick from our list of the best headphones to suit schoolkids and university students.
Heading back to school or university? Why not aid your studies with an inexpensive tablet?
Heading back to school or university? Why not aid your studies with an inexpensive Android phone!
You may well be able to use your smartphone for most of your photography needs, but sometimes you need a dedicated camera to get optimal results. Maybe you need more zoom, better image quality or simply a more comfortable way to take photos.
Printing for schoolwork doesn't need to be great quality, but whatever printer you're using has to have plenty of features. Scanning is an important inclusion, as is printing over USB and Wi-Fi.
Despite its unsexy-sounding name, NAS has long been an essential gadget among tech enthusiasts. Here's 3 reasons why every home needs one in this day and age.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- GeForce Now vs. GeForce Now: Nvidia's Shield and PC streaming services are wildly different
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15014 officially adds ebook support
- Data shows Tesla vehicle crashes dropped 40% with Autopilot
- Mozilla's new corporate logo evokes URL lingo
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) Technical Team LeaderACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Queensland TerritoryQLD
- TPTechnical Solutions Architect-Dynamics CRMVIC
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Big Data TechnologiesNSW
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerACT
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantQLD
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- FTFunctional ConsultantNSW
- CCTest ManagerVIC
- TPSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- TPProject Manager with a Development BackgroundQLD
- FTJunior Design Project CoordinatorQLD
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Transformation projectsSA
- FTBusiness Solutions SpecialistNSW
- FTConsulting Solution/Integration ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerACT
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW