Hitachi has had a good record with high quality home theatre projectors in the past. When we heard they had a new model coming out (the successor to the popular <a href=" http://www.goodgearguide.com.au/index.php/taxid;2136212889;pid;152;pt;1" targe...
For many people, one keyboard is much the same as any other. For those who use keyboards day in day out for hours on end, the difference a great keyboard can make is remarkable. It can improve typing efficiency, reduce the potential for things like...
It's amazing how much impact a set of decent speakers can have. It's the difference between simply watching a movie and feeling immersed in its atmosphere. There are plenty of mediocre home cinema sets around that don't really do the job, with poor s...
One nice feature of Apple's latest incarnation of Mac OS X is dashboard, a plethora of little "widgets" designed to sit on your desktop and do useful things. These useful things might be keeping tabs on the stock market, showing the week's weather fo...
The Canoscan 8400F is one of Canon's better specified home office scanners and thus we were expecting good things. After testing it we have to say we're a little disappointed. The 8400F claims to offer almost everything anyone could possibly want fro...
High-end PCs and entry-level workstations don't get much better than this. It has all the fancy technical wizardry you would expect a very fast machine to have, yet it also comes with peripherals that make it an absolute joy to use. The machine is bu...
Floating through space, a meteorite collides with the atmosphere of a young Earth before the ravages of time. In a streak of fire it slams into the ground, the newly formed crater its nest of safety. Wind, time and rain erode the rock and as the ice...
Alongside <a href=http://www.goodgearguide.com.au/index.php/taxid;2136212684;pid;1517;pt;1 target=new>Ad-Aware</a> the famous Spybot Search and Destroy is the other key player in the anti-spyware arena. For years these bits of software have been pro...
The long wait endured by ATI fans appears to be over. The manufacturer has released its CrossFire-ready Radeon X1900 chipset and shipped it in high volume.
Have you ever scoured the internet for a file you need only to find it an RAR archive? There have been so many times when we have encountered RAR that we figured it was about time we put it through its paces to see if it's really worth downloading.
The phenomenal success of the iPod has seen a wealth of accessories for Apple's number one product hit the market. These range from speaker systems, to fashion covers and more recently, in-car entertainment. Hooking your iPod up to your car stereo is...
Panasonic's use of three-CCD (charge-coupled device) technology in consumer-grade camcorders has clearly been a success. The number of models available has been growing steadily. But with so many options now, Panasonic's own range is starting to comp...
If you're anything like us, chances are that you've accumulated your fair share of free web-based email accounts over the years. (At last count, we have five, but these are just the ones we remember!) Some email providers do let you automatically for...
You might think a price tag of $899 was a bit high for a 17in TFT display - about $100 too high. However, we reckon it justifies this extra cost.
Ad-aware is one of the premiere anti-spyware tools currently available online. It offers a continually updated service which scans your entire hard drive and registry, and best of all it is absolutely free!
A printer that ticks all the boxes to help small businesses run productively
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Three privacy tools that block your Internet provider from tracking you
- Dell's wild 8K monitor goes on sale with a just-as-stunning price tag
- How to transform your smartphone into a real-world Star Trek tricorder
- Hisense displays successors to amazing Series 7 ULED - Series 8 and 9
- Elgato's Stream Deck is a programmable LCD control center that makes game streaming easy
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTSenior Performance AnalystQLD
- FTAgile Project ManagerACT
- TPSenior Node.JS DeveloperNSW
- CC.NET Developer!QLD
- FTJava Development Lead/ / Senior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTPHP DeveloperACT
- CCApplication Support Specialist- Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW
- TPAutomation TesterQLD
- CCFull-stack Software EngineerNSW
- FTSenior .Net Developer (Silverlight)VIC
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- FTPeoplesoft Functional Consultant - Campus SolutionsNSW
- FTNBN Sales Consultant / Account ManagersSA
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)ACT
- FTHadoop Service AdministratorVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager -Wealth/Funds Management SoftwareVIC
- CCLightweight Directory Access Procol (LDAP) DeveloperNSW
- FTICT Business Development Manager - Technical Products/SolutionsQLD
- FTSenior Project ManagerNSW
- TPSenior .NET Developer - Contract roleWA
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FTWeb Data Entry PublisherACT
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT