Canon's 5 megapixel IXUS i zoom is one of the best looking camera models we've ever seen. It is tiny and cased matte black metal with silver rimming, and has a 1.8" LCD that is particularly good in dark conditions. The IXUS looks like it belongs on t...
Using separate ink cartridges for each colour, the Epson STYLUS PHOTO R800 adds red and blue inks to the standard set of cyan, magenta and yellow inks; but it omits the light photo cyan and light photo magenta found in many six-colour photo printers....
The PIXMA iP3000 boasts a resolution of 4800 x 1200dpi (dots per inch) and uses technology that Canon refers to as FINE (full-photolithography inkjet nozzle engineering). In layperson's terms, this means that the PIXMA can produce tiny ink droplets--...
The Epson PictureMate's design suggests portability and recreation: it has a handle and looks like a small silver-and-black boombox. Despite its size and portability, the PictureMate doesn't run on batteries, though you can buy an optional car adapte...
HP's Photosmart 7760 delivers great photo quality and is moderately priced. In addition, it's well-equipped to print photos from memory cards or directly from a digital camera.
This dye-sublimation printer is designed vertically and looks kind of like a bonsai laser printer. I say that because this printer has a paper cassette that is located at the bottom of the unit, while its output tray resides at the top of the unit. T...
Lexmark's P315 is a three-colour thermal inkjet printer that uses a standard Lexmark tricolour cartridge. Unusually, it has no PC connectivity options at all; to print from the P315 you either insert your flash memory card in its card reader slots or...
This inkjet printer is designed to work completely free of a PC and has PictBridge and memory card facilities for input. A colour LCD screen is present for viewing the photos on your memory cards and the menu system for printing these out is very bas...
The HP Photosmart 8450 has room for three ink cartridges, using up to eight inks at once to great effect; both its snapshots and photos printed on letter-size glossy paper showed sharp details and natural colours.
The HP Photosmart 8150 has a 2.5" colour LCD, which makes it easy to see what you're printing when you use a digital camera's media card. Four slots protected by a clear cover on the front of the printer accommodate all the popular card formats. From...
This printer is tiny, and has a slightly awkward design. Its rear paper input tray opens up in a very narrow fashion to allow you to insert up to 20 sheets of paper. The spring that holds the paper in place also makes it a little hard to load an indi...
The DeskJet 6540's biggest selling point is its claim of 30ppm (pages per minute) printing. Speeds quoted by manufacturers should always be taken with a pinch of salt, but while the 6540's real-world performance is almost half the stated speed, it st...
If you want to print images from many different sources, the Epson Stylus Photo R310 should provide the versatility you need. Its media card slots accept all the major formats, and its direct-print port does more than just communicate with compatible...
Coming bundled with extras such as photo paper and Epson's Image Framer software, the STYLUS C66 has a print resolution of 2880 x 1440dpi (dots per inch), with 5,760dpi available using optimisation.
Slightly more expensive than Epson's original PictureMate photo printer, the PictureMate 500's most notable improvement over the older model is the 2.4" colour LCD display that flips up from the top of the printer for viewing and editing photos.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One (M9) review: The weakest One in the trilogy
- 2 Google Nexus 9 review: The best of Google and HTC
- 3 Subaru WRX Premium CVT review: A wolf in sheep’s clothing
- 4 Oppo R5 review: Among the most innovative of smartphones
- 5 Apple Mac Mini review: A Macintosh that's easy on the wallet
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- LG may introduce leather-covered flagship smartphone at April 28 event
- Apple's iPhone trade-in program in China could boost sales
- Google cloud platform can now be managed from a phone
- IBM to pump US$3 billion into new IoT business unit
- EFF questions US government's software flaw disclosure policy
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- FTSales Manager - Seller AdvertisingNSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW