HP's convertible laptop sports a sleeker look, but with just one screen resolution and the option of discrete graphics, it's no longer quite the same affordable and portable 15.6-inch laptop we met last year.
The impressively enormous curved display loses some bulk.
Intel has launched its seventh-generation Core chips, also known as Kaby Lake, for desktops, notebooks, two-and-ones, and more. Support for high-speed Optane memory could be Intel's edge over AMD's impressive Ryzen chips. Here are all the details.
HP's Sprout Pro is an upgrade of the company's pioneering 3D-imaging PC. But what was a niche talent two years ago may now be an in-demand skill for the rise of augmented and virtual reality.
A series of leaked slides appear to reveal the details of Qualcomm's upcoming Snapdragon 835 smartphone processor, which will most likely be formally disclosed at CES.
AMD's FreeSync 2 technology is built to help you get the best visual quality and lowest possible lag with premium HDR monitors.
Lenovo continues its excellent price-to-performance offerings with budget-friendly laptops—and this time, without the awkward "IdeaPad" designation.
AMD's enthusiast-class Radeon Vega graphics cards are coming, and now we know when we'll know more: CES 2017.
Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey spent several hours engaging the platform's users in a lively discussion about improvements for 2017.
Ford's pushing ahead aggressively on self-driving cars. Thanks to technological advances, the latest generation needs fewer sensors to gather the same amount of data.
Game Mode, hidden within the upcoming Build 14997 of Windows 10, looks like it will prioritize resources to enhance gameplay—a welcome turnaround after years of neglecting PC gaming.
Now here's a product that does what it says it will do. It levitates. Apparently with aplomb.
Tesla's no longer allowing drivers some leeway in setting speed limits with the company's semi-autonomous Autopilot system.
Mozilla is aiming to roll out multi-process Firefox to even more users in January.
It's like Gabe Newell squeezed down your chimney to bring you a bunch of the year's best games. And that's weird, because I don't even have a chimney.
There are many laptops and convertibles on the market but few represent a full realisation of what a Windows-based convertible can be – a total marriage of Windows’ features with the hardware to make the most of it. This is why Microsoft made its own device, the Surface Pro, which is now in its fourth iteration.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dash cam review: The Garmin Dash Cam 35 is a little bigger and better for the price
- Dash cam review: The Cobra CDR895D Drive HD offers affordable dual-channel video
- Dash cam review: The Thinkware F770 works with your smartphone
- Dash cam review: Garmin's DriveAssist 50LMT is first-class almost all the way
- Dash cam review: The Viofo A119 is a surprisingly good bargain
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Travel and Expense Management SystemQLD
- FTFunctional ConsultantNSW
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- CCICT Strategy ConsultantNSW
- CCTester- InfrastructureACT
- TPJava DeveloperSA
- CCSenior PMO Analyst - ReportingNSW
- TPSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWQLD
- TPProject Manager with a Development BackgroundQLD
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- TPProject CoordintorVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementNSW
- CCBiztalk DeveloperQLD
- TPIT Procurement OfficerQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPWeb DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW