A bug in Microsoft's software gives hackers a way to exploit virtual Windows machines which would be attack-proof if they were running on real hardware, a researcher said today.
Phone maker HTC and wireless carrier T-Mobile announced the highly anticipated HD2 smartphone in the U.S. on Tuesday, but also said that no plans were in place to put Microsoft's upcoming Windows Phone 7 OS on the device yet.
Toshiba ended production of mass-market incandescent light bulbs on Wednesday, putting to a close a 120-year manufacturing history of the products.
Microsoft released research today showing that the majority of Australian parents take little to no precautions to protect their children
Broadband telephony company engin is offering hosted VoIP phone systems for small to medium businesses throughout Australia in a partnership with Harris Technology.
Your brain has a lot to communicate, but when you're working on a computer or playing a game, all of those thoughts gets distilled into a keyboard or gamepad interface that can be limiting to say the least.
A cracked copy of the new World War II submarine simulation <a href="http://www.silenthunter5.com">Silent Hunter 5</a> may have made its way onto file sharing sites, and some are claiming Ubisoft's 'always online' play requirement has been circumvent...
Samsung Electronics has plans for a Apple iPad style tablet PC. the company has revealed.
Sixty percent of virtual servers are less secure than the physical servers they replace, the analyst firm Gartner said in new research Monday.
Lenovo is looking to increase its share of the Australian consumer notebook market and is hinging its hopes on an expanded IdeaPad range, which includes a netbook with a built-in multitouch screen.
Microsoft today released a platform preview of Internet Explorer 9. This isn't an IE9 beta, mind you; it doesn't have the features you'd expect in a browser. It doesn't even have an address bar for that matter. Instead, the IE9 Platform Preview serve...
Steve Ballmer doesn't use one but apparently as many as 10,000 Microsoft employees do. Embarrassingly, the device in question is Apple's iPhone.
The US military was so fearful of classified information ending up on Wikileaks it considered ways to undermine the organisation, a newly published secret report on the site appears to show.
In a forum today marking the 25th anniversary of the first .com registration, former USPresident Bill Clinton spoke about his favorite devices, the grim outlook for newspapers and the need for policies to improve Internet access.
Tyfone is putting the pieces together for a commercial mobile wallet offering, forming an alliance with First Data.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
- Six quick steps to start a Digital Detox
- How to upgrade to Windows 10: What you need to know
- Alphabet will work with more auto makers on self-driving cars
- Intel has quietly snuffed out its Project Tango smartphone as it rethinks augmented reality
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- CCProject Manager CCTVNSW
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160729/P/698Asia
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- CCOracle Identity and Access Management Specialist-11Gr2 productsNSW
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- CCBI Delivery Project ManagerVIC
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Project OfficerACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL) 1600803/SA/255Asia
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- CCSenior ICT Project Manager - Extensive Government experienceNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW