Canonical officials are emphasizing software vendor support in the release this week of upgrades to the company's Ubuntu open source Linux platform.
Google's top energy executive has offered some simple steps for making data centers more energy-efficient, including raising the thermostat to 27 degrees Celsius (80 degrees Fahrenheit) to cut down on cooling costs.
First they came for Bebo and now it looks as if even larger rival MySpace is losing the battle against the social networking steamroller that is Facebook.
Grab your ringside seats, gang: Apple and Adobe are at it again -- and this time, the fighting's turning fierce.
The Daily Show's Jon Stewart on Wednesday night weighed in on the lost iPhone debacle skewering Apple over the police raid on Gizmodo Editor Jason Chen's house.
When Sony nerfed Linux support for the PS3 in early April, we knew it was only a matter of time before someone pulled a pack of lawyers out of their pocket.
The discovery of water ice on the surface of an asteroid has NASA scientists conjecturing that asteroids and comets could have delivered enough water to a primordial Earth to fill its oceans.
Yahoo will be offering five-minute video clips containing highlights of Barclays Premier League football matches from next season, after securing an exclusive deal.
Microsoft confirmed it has canceled further development and production on its tablet project, codenamed Courier, which industry watchers speculated could help drive down costs of Apple's popular iPad.
If history can help predict the future, then Hewlett-Packard has a good shot at aptly digesting Palm, analysts say.
Analyzing the quarrel between Google and China raises questions of how the Web helps an oppressed country develop democracy, according to a Massachusetts Institute of Technology panel discussion.
The One Laptop Per Child Project delivered 2,100 laptops to a United Nations project in the Gaza Strip on Thursday, the largest deployment so far in a program that aims to give half a million Palestinian children access to the computers over the next...
The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) sees the Web becoming a platform where data can be posted and reused in multiple ad-hoc applications, to judge from a workshop the organization held at the WWW2010 conference, this week in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Hewlett-Packard's purchase of Palm could redefine the PC maker's mobile OS strategy, potentially impacting the company's reliance on Microsoft operating systems.
Ah, the heady days of the late 1990s, when every dot-com stock was a guaranteed winner and when every day trader worth his salt carried around a Palm Pilot personal to keep track of all their information.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- Battlefield 1 review: Familiar multiplayer wedded to a brilliant WWI campaign
- Microsoft rescues disheveled lady Skypers with its TeleBeauty virtual makeup app
- Samsung releases super-high-capacity 8GB DRAM
- Mars lander goes silent, but scientists remain hopeful
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project Specialist - SchedulingVIC
- CCApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Consultant, Enterpreneur in ResidenceVIC
- FTAgile Front End Developer- HTML5 & CSS3NSW
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-month renewable Contract)Asia
- CCProject Manager - Payroll SystemsSA
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- CCInformation Security Consultant - RSA ArcherNSW
- CCSystem TestersQLD
- FTSalesforce Subject Matter ExpertNSW
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- CCIT Data AnalystACT
- CCSenior Solution Designer, Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- FTGateway ManagerACT
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCDemand ManagerNSW
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- FTJava Developer - Canberra RoleNSW
- FTSOE ArchitectNSW
- CCPOS EngineerNSW