With the aim of bringing down the price of laptops, Intel on Monday launched a family of low-power processors for thin and light machines that could be more affordable than conventional laptops.
IBM is buying AT&T subsidiary Sterling Commerce, maker of business-to-business data integration software, for about US $1.4 billion in cash, the companies announced Monday.
After failing to gain market traction with its first iteration of hybrid drives three years ago, Seagate today announced a new hard-disk and solid-state combination drive with as much as 500GB of capacity, but with a 250GB model starting at $113.
PC makers Hewlett-Packard and Dell have spilled details about new quad-core laptop processors from Intel prior to launch of the chips.
Yahoo Mail and Messenger will power Nokia's mobile mail and chat services starting later this year, the companies said during a press conference on Monday.
Google's celebration of the 30th anniversary of Pac-Man last week flooded Mozilla's Firefox support forum with complaints about siren sounds and offbeat music.
OCZ Technology Group, Inc. today introduced two higher capacity versions of its Vertex 2 and Agility 2 SATA II 2.5-in solid state drives SSD today.
Telstra has reduced excess usage charges on its business broadband plans and increased the speed of connections where possible. Excess data charges have been halved and now capped at $400 per month. Other customers who have eligible Telstra Business ...
Were you one of the many people happily playing free Pac-Man on Google's doodle last Friday?
A new family of low-power processors from Intel promises to further blur the lines between notebook and netbook -- delivering power and performance similar to a full-size notebook, with the size, weight, and battery life of a netbook. IT administrato...
Seagate is having a second crack at SSD hybrid hard drives, a technology for boosting drive performance by adding flash memory to a conventional hard drive.
Taiwanese laptop-maker Micro-Star International (MSI) plans to launch a Windows 7 tablet PC next week at the Computex Taipei electronics show, after showing off a prototype tablet running Google's Android mobile software early this year.
Technology innovation is something anyone can undertake these days. Or so we are told.
Telstra today launched RIM's latest smartphone, the BlackBerry Pearl 3G, becoming the first carrier in the world to offer the handset.
Facebook has blocked in India the controversial "Everybody draw Mohammed Day!" page that last week led to the site being banned in Pakistan.
Despite its unsexy-sounding name, NAS has long been an essential gadget among tech enthusiasts. Here's 3 reasons why every home needs one in this day and age.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15014 officially adds ebook support
- Data shows Tesla vehicle crashes dropped 40% with Autopilot
- Mozilla's new corporate logo evokes URL lingo
- XCOM 2's eagerly anticipated Long War 2 total conversion mod released in Steam Workshop
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCMicrosoft Systems EngineerVIC
- FTMid Level Infrastructure Project ManagerVIC
- TPSenior Test Analyst - TAFEQLD
- FTTechnology Testing Co-ordinatorVIC
- TPIT Procurement OfficerQLD
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- CCEnterprise Solution ArchitectNSW
- TPDigital Business Analyst | AgileQLD
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedVIC
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- CCSenior IT Domain Specialist - Integration - CloudVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - DataQLD
- FTTechnical Content CoordinatorVIC
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Travel and Expense Management SystemQLD
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerACT
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst - ReportingNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - DETEQLD
- FTLead Drupal Developer - Gold CoastQLD