Telstra is conducting a review of its management structure that <a href="http://www.smh.com.au/business/telstra-jobs-to-go-20100721-10krb.html">could reportedly see up to 330 senior staff lose their jobs</a> - many of whom are believed to be on six f...
The new version of the Terracotta distributed Java caching software is able, for the first time, to aggregate more than a terabyte of pooled memory for a single application and its data, the company announced this week.
Flipboard, a new iPad application that presents the news links in a user's Twitter and Facebook media streams in the style of a magazine, launched to immediate adulation on Wednesday but the rush of users meant a few glitches for early adopters.
Verizon Wireless and Motorola today said fewer than one-tenth of 1% of the new Droid X <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/topic/75/Smartphones">smartphones</a> that have been sold have experienced a "flickering" or "banding" on the display, and ...
Hewlett-Packard on Wednesday quashed rumors of HP Slate's demise, saying the tablet with the Windows 7 OS may still be sold to customers.
Despite fears caused by the European debt crisis, spending on technology products and services is set to continue growing around the world, although the pace of growth in Europe overall will be lower, Forrester Research said in a report released Tues...
Microsoft on Tuesday said that hackers could exploit the unpatched Windows shortcut vulnerability using drive-by download attacks that would trigger an infection when people simply surf to a malicious Web site.
Microsoft has released a beta for the next version of its free security software, Security Essentials, according to a blog post.
Dell is apparently warning customers that "a small number" of its PowerEdge R410 server motherboards may contain malicious software.
11 million tablets, led by Apple's iPad, are expected to be sold by the end of 2010. This is three times the estimate ABI Research made just six months ago.
Panasonic will next week unveil a camcorder for consumers that is capable of recording images in 3D.
USB-perhaps the most successful, versatile computer interface yet-is getting a major overhaul. The third version brings big improvements, including higher speeds and better power management. The first devices began hitting stores this year, and a flo...
Microsoft will announce its fiscal 2010 earnings Thursday afternoon, and the pressure is on Redmond to deliver big numbers now that PCs sales have jumped this year, Windows 7 is the "fastest selling OS ever" and Office 2010 is generally available.
Microsoft began offering this week an ALM (application lifecycle management) process template geared to the Scrum agile development methodology.
The fallout from Google's decision to stop censoring its search results in China has brought a continued decline in the company's search business, according to a research firm.
Need to print on the go? The HP OfficeJet offers that and more. Read a user’s experience on this multi-purpose printer.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- This week in games: Forza Horizon 3 gets Hot Wheels, Terry Crews gets a wild Old Spice PC
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSales Lead - Healthcare systemsVIC
- CC1st / 2nd Level Help Desk SupportNSW
- CCArchitect/Senior Capacity Planner Network Engineering - TelcoVIC
- CCBlue Prism DeveloperVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTRegional Market Manager - Wide Bay RegionQLD
- FTImplementation Consultant - SMSF SoftwareNSW
- CCCommercial ManagerVIC
- CCPlatform Engineer - DevOpsVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerQLD
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieNSW
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSecurity Specialist - NV1ACT
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Mobile ApplicationsQLD
- FTTest Analyst - HCMSNSW
- FTFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Data Warehouse ConsultantNSW
- TPProject Manager | HealthQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTSoftware Engineer - Build/Image MaintenanceACT
- FTSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Solutions Architect - Network & Unified ComunicationsACT