SAN management company Virtual Instruments has launched a version of its Net Wisdom monitoring product. VirtualWisdom 2.0 measures the effect of virtualised applications on corporate SANs, including 0 includes instrumentation, measurement and analysi...
In a recent column, my Security Manager's Journal counterpart, Mathias Thurman, wrote about securing virtual desktop environments. My company is going through the same exercise of evaluating VDI as a replacement for traditional desktops. As Mathias p...
The ever-canny Kogan Technologies has jumped on the Julia Gillard bandwagon with the release of a new HD TV: the JULIA32. The Kogan JULAI32 is a 32-inch Full HD television boasting two HDMI outputs, a USB port capable of playing movie files and a str...
Microsoft reports that it has sold more than 150 million copies of the Windows 7 desktop operating system in the roughly nine months it's been available--making it the fastest selling OS in history. Windows 7 has more than redeemed Microsoft for the ...
Intel tried to push back at coverage of a recently published paper that found its Core i7 processors couldn't match the parallel processing performance of an Nvidia GPU, saying its rival took the findings of the paper out of context in a blog post th...
If you're paranoid about snoops discovering your Web search terms and results, you'll have to start pointing your browser to another URL to use Google encrypted search.
Apple's iPhone 4 signal problems have been the source of a barrage of complaints by customers complaining of a faulty antenna and now Steve Jobs has broken the silence. In an e-mail Jobs downplayed users' reception gripes as a "non-issue." Meanwhile...
Researchers have added nanoechnology to an off-the-shelf digital camera to help doctors distinguish healthy cells from cancerous cells in the human body.
If you managed to get your hands on Apple's hotly anticipated iPhone 4, the next step may be to purchase a new set of accessories. The iPhone 4 features a new shape and design, preventing the smartphone from fitting into older iPhone docks and cases....
Microsoft fired another salvo as its battle against <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9136345/Google_Update">Google</a> for <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9142593/Google_and_Microsoft_to_escalate_war_in_2010">search tur...
The U.S. International Trade Commission (USITC) has launched a formal investigation into four patent complaints filed against Apple by computer graphics hardware maker S3 Graphics, which asked the agency to block Apple from importing the iPhone, iPad...
Short range communication using NFC (Near Field Communication) circuitry embedded in mobile phones has had a difficult journey to market, but it may soon see light at the end of the tunnel with increasing adoption for city transit projects, according...
Pornography will have its own top-level domain, dot-XXX, the board of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers decided Friday.
Intel has posted a demonstration of its Linux-based Meego OS for tablet computers via a YouTube video that shows the OS's multitouch support, multitasking and integrated social networking.
When it comes to enterprise open source software vendor Red Hat, one might assume its biggest competitors to be Oracle, Novell, Microsoft, or even IBM.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Network ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Technology SpecialistACT
- FTService Lifecycle Management LeadVIC
- TPSharePoint Designer / DeveloperQLD
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTSite Acquisition ManagerSA
- CCService Management Analyst (Part-Time)NSW
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCJava API Developer - MediaVIC
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)NSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001VIC
- CCWorkforce Planning ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Writer - TelcoVIC
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Performance AnalystACT
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- CCProject Manager - Community Transport SolutionsACT
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerNSW
- FTPrincipal Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project EngineerACT
- CCMiddleware SpecialistACT
- TPSenior Project Manager - Retail BankingNSW