Microsoft has made the delayed My People experience part of its recent Windows 10 Insider build, putting your best friends as close as your taskbar.
Amazon's offering this factory overclocked GeForce GTX 1050 Ti budget card for just $116 right now.
Plus: The unveiling of Night Trap's 25th Anniversary Edition, someone speedruns Dark Souls 3 in an hour and a half, and Planet Coaster shows off its "make everybody vomit" cheat code. This is gaming news for April 24 to 28.
The Radeon 17.4.4 drivers for AMD graphics cards installed a shortcut to the Quake Champions website on user desktops, without warning or the ability to opt out.
Microsoft's device businesses took a hit this quarter, as Microsoft admitted during an earnings call that Surface sales were lower than expected and sales of its branded Windows phones would essentially end by June.
Acer's Aspire GX is the first-ever prebuilt Ryzen PC from a major vendor, but you wouldn't know it from its quiet debut at the Next@Acer event in New York.
Acer's Nitro 5 is a laptop designed for casual gamers, with one distinctive feature: You can adjust the fan speed yourself. Adjusting thermals can be tricky, so it'll be interesting to see how this goes.
The HP Stream 11 Pro G2 won't win any awards for innovation or excitement, but it'll do as a travel laptop.
The 4K Acer Predator X27 is one of the first G-Sync HDR displays, and one of the most impressive monitors ever announced.
AMD's Balanced Power Plan is packaged with driver 17.10 WHQL for PC users rocking Ryzen on Windows 10 64-bit.
The SteelSeries Qck Prism is a RGB light-laden mousepad no matter which side you flip it to.
If you're upgrading your PC for virtual reality before mid-June, this promotion gives you three free games to start with.
Ten years on from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, the series finally goes back to World War II to tell a Band of Brothers-style tale for a new generation.
Manually installing the Windows 10 Creators Update could introduce hardware compatibility problems, Microsoft warns.
Microsoft has cut off nearly 40 percent of its existing user base of phones from the Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update. The alternative: run the beta OS.
Singing praises about a device that literally ‘sings’ – find out what this is all about.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- This week in games: Forza Horizon 3 gets Hot Wheels, Terry Crews gets a wild Old Spice PC
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPIntermediate Change ManagerQLD
- CCEngineer/Developer - Splunk - TelcoVIC
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- FTICT Transformation Integration ManagerNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst (BI Focus)WA
- TPTest and Support AnalystQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth InvestmentNSW
- FTChange Management LeadNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTMobile Studio Lead/ Mobile UX LeadNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - BI, Analytics & Big DataNSW
- FTUser Support AnalystNSW
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent job . ACT LocationACT
- FTSystems Engineer | MSP backgroundVIC
- CCService Delivery Analyst -Port MacquarieNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSalesforce Developer - UrgentNSW
- FTSenior Java EngineerWA
- FTICT Contract AnalystWA
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectQLD