A critical vulnerability affecting most Apple Mac models has been discovered that could enable attackers to overwrite firmware and gain persistent root access to computers.
Exploit code for the unpatched bug in Internet Explorer was published on the Web yesterday, a step security pros said earlier would be the precursor to widespread attacks.
Microsoft's Internet Explorer could inadvertently allow a hacker to read files on a person's computer, another problem for the company just days after a serious vulnerability received an emergency patch.
Researchers have created attack code that exploits a zero-day vulnerability in Internet Explorer 7 (IE7) as well as in the newest IE8 -- even when Microsoft's recommended defensive measure is turned on.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AC5300 Router reviews: Linksys EA9500 vs. Netgear Nighthawk X8 vs. D-Link DIR-895L
- Dell Inspiron 17 7778 review: This massive 17-inch 2-in-1 is a worthwhile desktop replacement
- Try this! 6 new Android 7.0 Nougat features to use now
- Spotify is retaliating against artists with Apple Music exclusives
- Artificial Intelligence: 7 factors for precision decisions
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCChange LeadsNSW
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- CCTIBCO Support ConsultantsNSW
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- CCSecurity ArchitectACT
- CCOracle/Java/Applications DeveloperACT
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- CCIT Assistant (Infrastructure/PC LAN Support) 160825/ITA/864Asia
- FTData AnalystsWA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (CISCO/Firewall/Network) 160819/SA/423Asia
- CCMessaging Services Systems AdministratorACT
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin.) 160824/P/567Asia
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle SQL/.Net) 160812/AP/vhsAsia
- FTInfrastructure Engineer - Cloud computingAsia
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Big Data AnalyticsNSW
- CCTest Analyst - Data MigrationACT