The stock market crash on Thursday afternoon took financial Web sites down with it, as people hurried online to make trades and check their investments.
Yahoo will be offering five-minute video clips containing highlights of Barclays Premier League football matches from next season, after securing an exclusive deal.
Yahoo's revenue grew slightly in the first quarter of 2010 but profits rose more strongly, as the company's display advertising business performed to management's satisfaction.
A report that Yahoo is sniffing around at hyperlocal social networking company <a href="http://foursquare.com/">Foursquare</a> has Web watchers buzzing this week.
Yahoo plans to close a beta advertising service through which small online publishers, such as individual bloggers, signed up to carry ads sold and distributed by the company in exchange for a commission.
Continuing efforts to bring more services into its online properties, Yahoo is now letting customers update their Facebook status from within Yahoo Mail.
Yahoo introduced two iPhone applications this week, including one that lets users draw a circle on a map to look for restaurants within a specific area.
Google, Yahoo, eBay, Facebook, Orange, Talk Talk and BT have singed an open letter to the Financial Times condemning a bill in parliament that they say "threatens freedom of speech and the open internet".
Yahoo Inc.'s deal with microblogging phenom Twitter Inc, <announced yesterday , could prove timely for an Internet pioneer looking to regain lost momentum and join the social networking glitterati.
Xerox has filed a lawsuit against Yahoo, Google and YouTube alleging infringement of Xerox patents on search and integration technology.
Bing will become a better search engine when Microsoft takes over Yahoo search and more able to compete with search giant Google, the U.S. Department of Justice said in its decision supporting the deal.
Now is when the hard work begins for Microsoft and Yahoo, after finally getting the regulatory green light from the U.S. and the European Union to implement their ballyhooed search engine partnership.
Today's decision by U.S. and European regulators to let Microsoft Corp. and Yahoo Inc. join their search businesses could significantly heat up competition in a business that in recent years has been dominated by Google Inc.
Facebook is now the second most popular Web site in the United States, passing Yahoo with 133 million unique visitors in January, according to new research.
The U.S. Department of Justice and the European Commission on Thursday both unconditionally approved Microsoft and Yahoo's plan to work together in the field of Internet search.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 2 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 3 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 4 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
- 5 Apple Watch review: saving time
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Former attorney general calls Snowden deal possible
- BBC unveils final version of micro:bit coding device for kids
- Researchers find previously unknown exploits among Hacking Team's leaked files
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Tuesday, July 7
- OpenSSL tells users to prepare for a high severity flaw
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCDrupal DeveloperNSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTMedia and Communications AdvisorACT
- FTPR & Corporate Affairs ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- CCInternal Communications AdvisorNSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW