One way to gage the popularity of a product is to propose killing it. Coca Cola found that out the hard way. Now Yahoo has discovered it too with its ill-conceived move to "sunset" the popular social bookmarking site Delicious. Unlike Coke, though, i...
Yahoo will not shut down Delicious and instead is trying to sell it to another company. At least, that's what Yahoo wrote on the Delicious blog Friday, a day after reports circulated that it planned to shut down the social bookmarking pioneer.
After announcing Wednesday it would be laying off four per cent of its workforce, Yahoo revealed today that it was terminating eight of its Websites. Sites targeted for "sunsetting" are Delicious, AltaVista, MyBlogLOg, Yahoo Picks, Yahoo Buzz, and Ya...
More Yahoo applications and services will be shut down or merged with existing products in the coming months, the company has said.
Microsoft's top search executive has tried to play down the significance of Google Instant, which was launched in September with much fanfare, saying it "gets in the way" of users and that reactions to it have been "mixed at best."
The official Twitter app for Android provides a simple, no-frills way to tweet and view your home feed from your phone. To begin, you log in or create an account. If you choose to create an account, the app will open the mobile Twitter Website in the...
Microsoft on Wednesday showed how Facebook friends will be able to influence Bing users' search results, as part of a wide-ranging update on search that also included developments for its image, maps and mobile services.
Yahoo confirmed that it has laid off 600 people, following news reports often based on Twitter messages from employees who had been let go.
Wonder what people were talking about this past year?
Raising the stakes in its war of words, Microsoft today said Google simply doesn't understand what businesses need, and is failing at pushing its way into the enterprise.
Although Firefox's usage share has been stalled for the last year, Mozilla's revenues were up 34% in 2009, largely on the back of money paid the organization by Google and other search engines.
Online advertising spending in the U.S. continued to accelerate in the third quarter, as the market rebounds from a slowdown last year.
After Facebook's struggle with one privacy issue after another this year, some in the industry are raising privacy questions about Facebook's new messaging system.
Killing recent rumours that it's launching an email killer, Facebook has unveiled a new messaging system that will envelope email, instant messages, Facebook messages and SMS.
Yahoo is denying reports that the company is in the midst of a 20 per cent reduction of its workforce.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gabe Newell's Reddit Q&A: The most interesting answers on Half-Life 3, Steam support, and more
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- New report says Google watches made by LG, to be released Feb. 9
- Microsoft labels Windows 7 'outdated' as it stumps for 10
- AirTV's slick marriage of Sling TV and OTA channels isn't in the product yet
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW
- CCITCM Technical Specialist - SydneyNSW
- FTLevel 3 Support ConsultantNSW
- FTIT Field EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- CCProcurement AnalystQLD
- TPProject Services OpportunitiesSA
- TPLearning/Instructional DesignerQLD
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- FTLife/400 Testers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCTest Specialist - NetworkVIC
- CCTechnical WriterQLD
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)NSW
- FTIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- TPSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleNSW