Today a lot of people are mourning the possible loss of Delicious (or, as it used to be known, del.icio.us), following news that Yahoo is planning to sell or otherwise dispose of the popular Web bookmarking service five years after acquiring it.
One way to gage the popularity of a product is to propose killing it. Coca Cola found that out the hard way. Now Yahoo has discovered it too with its ill-conceived move to "sunset" the popular social bookmarking site Delicious. Unlike Coke, though, i...
Yahoo will not shut down Delicious and instead is trying to sell it to another company. At least, that's what Yahoo wrote on the Delicious blog Friday, a day after reports circulated that it planned to shut down the social bookmarking pioneer.
After announcing Wednesday it would be laying off four per cent of its workforce, Yahoo revealed today that it was terminating eight of its Websites. Sites targeted for "sunsetting" are Delicious, AltaVista, MyBlogLOg, Yahoo Picks, Yahoo Buzz, and Ya...
More Yahoo applications and services will be shut down or merged with existing products in the coming months, the company has said.
Microsoft's top search executive has tried to play down the significance of Google Instant, which was launched in September with much fanfare, saying it "gets in the way" of users and that reactions to it have been "mixed at best."
The official Twitter app for Android provides a simple, no-frills way to tweet and view your home feed from your phone. To begin, you log in or create an account. If you choose to create an account, the app will open the mobile Twitter Website in the...
Microsoft on Wednesday showed how Facebook friends will be able to influence Bing users' search results, as part of a wide-ranging update on search that also included developments for its image, maps and mobile services.
Yahoo confirmed that it has laid off 600 people, following news reports often based on Twitter messages from employees who had been let go.
Wonder what people were talking about this past year?
Raising the stakes in its war of words, Microsoft today said Google simply doesn't understand what businesses need, and is failing at pushing its way into the enterprise.
Although Firefox's usage share has been stalled for the last year, Mozilla's revenues were up 34% in 2009, largely on the back of money paid the organization by Google and other search engines.
Online advertising spending in the U.S. continued to accelerate in the third quarter, as the market rebounds from a slowdown last year.
After Facebook's struggle with one privacy issue after another this year, some in the industry are raising privacy questions about Facebook's new messaging system.
Killing recent rumours that it's launching an email killer, Facebook has unveiled a new messaging system that will envelope email, instant messages, Facebook messages and SMS.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to find the Windows 10 Creators Update's hidden desktop themes
- AMD updates Ryzen drivers with a new power profile and the promise of better performance
- Dell XPS 15 vs. MacBook Pro 15: Fight!
- The SteelSeries Qck Prism is the first dual-sided RGB mousepad
- Nvidia's offering three free VR games if you buy a GTX 10 Series card and an Oculus Rift + Touch
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSystem AnalystsACT
- PTProject ManagerNSW
- TPAgile Project Manager. Lean ProductivityNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTRisk and Quality ManagerNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- FTOperations OrchestrationVIC
- FTWeb Developer | Parramatta | Initial 6 month contractNSW
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- TPPMO LeadNSW
- FTDeveloper / Junior Solution DesignerQLD
- FTProject Engineer - Newcastle BasedNSW
- FTDrupal DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystSA
- FTSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCSoftware Licencing SpecialistNSW
- FTCitrix Engineer/Designer - AWS experience essentialNSW
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- TPTechnical Support Officer (Unix/Linux, Windows and Mac)VIC
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- CCNetwork Architect - SecurityVIC
- TPSenior Project Manager - Life InsuranceNSW
- FTSecurity Consultant -10056987-001VIC