Yahoo has established a fee structure for the upcoming version of BOSS, a platform that developers use to create custom search engines on top of Yahoo's infrastructure.
Google on Thursday patched nine bugs in Chrome and upgraded the most stable edition of the browser to version 9.
Yahoo Labs has formed a team to improve the targeting and effectiveness of online advertising, the company said Thursday.
Yahoo is discontinuing its distribution of the Hadoop platform and will instead focus on Apache Hadoop, the Hadoop Team at Yahoo said this week.
Yahoo's revenue fell but profits grew in its fourth quarter, results which the company described as "encouraging" and as fueling a turnaround momentum.
In a negative prelude to its fourth quarter earnings report due later on Tuesday, Yahoo confirmed it is cutting one per cent of its global staff, or about 140 employees.
Yahoo is forging ahead with a move to IPv6 on its main Web site by year-end despite worries that up to 1 million Internet users may be unable to access it initially.
Several of the Internet's most popular Web sites - including Facebook, Google and Yahoo - have agreed to participate in the first global-scale trial of IPv6, the long-anticipated upgrade to the Internet's main communications protocol known as IPv4.
Beats deadline for filing amended complaint, lists wide array of online software, services Beats deadline for filing amended complaint, lists wide array of online software, services
Today a lot of people are mourning the possible loss of Delicious (or, as it used to be known, del.icio.us), following news that Yahoo is planning to sell or otherwise dispose of the popular Web bookmarking service five years after acquiring it.
One way to gage the popularity of a product is to propose killing it. Coca Cola found that out the hard way. Now Yahoo has discovered it too with its ill-conceived move to "sunset" the popular social bookmarking site Delicious. Unlike Coke, though, i...
Yahoo will not shut down Delicious and instead is trying to sell it to another company. At least, that's what Yahoo wrote on the Delicious blog Friday, a day after reports circulated that it planned to shut down the social bookmarking pioneer.
After announcing Wednesday it would be laying off four per cent of its workforce, Yahoo revealed today that it was terminating eight of its Websites. Sites targeted for "sunsetting" are Delicious, AltaVista, MyBlogLOg, Yahoo Picks, Yahoo Buzz, and Ya...
More Yahoo applications and services will be shut down or merged with existing products in the coming months, the company has said.
Microsoft's top search executive has tried to play down the significance of Google Instant, which was launched in September with much fanfare, saying it "gets in the way" of users and that reactions to it have been "mixed at best."
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Support Engineer, International SoftwareNSW
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - DigitalVIC
- CCIT Hadoop DevelopersQLD
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- FTPrograme ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW