Verizon has signaled that Yahoo's massive data breach may be enough reason to halt its US$4.8 billion deal to buy the internet company.
Yahoo's announcement that state-sponsored hackers have stolen the details of at least 500 million accounts shocks both through scale -- it's the largest data breach ever -- and the potential security implications for users.
Thursday's confirmed breach at Yahoo means that a treasure trove of stolen data is very likely circulating on the black market -- potentially putting millions of internet users at risk.
Apple is building a digital TV guide for Apple TV and iOS. The very similar Yahoo Video Guide came out last year.
Yahoo will cut 15 percent of its workforce and close some online services in a major turnaround plan announced Tuesday.
Google and Yahoo are expanding their use of a successful system used to detect spam.
For Yahoo Mail users, some messages just won't stay dead.
Google's started a car company...Samsung puts $85 million into cancer-victim fund...Apple explores offering phone service...and more tech news.
Yahoo said Monday it had removed malware from its advertising network, after malicious code there had gone undetected for at least six days.
Marissa Mayer knows fashion, and she's bringing more of it to Yahoo with her latest acquisition announced Friday.
Obama wants to boost U.S. supercomputing power...OPM, Anthem hackers also hit United Airlines...Oracle preps 'Sonoma' chip for low-priced Sparc servers...and more tech news.
Yahoo is releasing a mobile messaging app that combines texting with live one-on-one video.
The online advertising industry is marshaling a fresh effort to fight click fraud, which steals money from advertisers and undermines faith in online campaigns.
Yahoo has reported an uncharacteristic rise in revenue for the second quarter, but it came with a hefty sum spent on boosting its search traffic.
U.S. Secretary of Defense Ash Carter will renew his appeal to businesses to work more closely with the military on Thursday when he speaks to an audience of top executives at the Sun Valley conference in Idaho.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
- Microsoft-Qualcomm deal finally puts Windows 10 and Win32 apps on ARM devices
- Halo 5: Forge's multiplayer is now more accessible on PC with a new custom game browser
- Ubisoft's 30th anniversary putters across the finish line with free copies of Assassin's Creed III
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCProject Manager - Process Transformation / AutomationVIC
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTHealth Software Support Consultant - Permanent - North RydeNSW
- CCMiddleware SpecialistACT
- CCIteration Manager - DigitalNSW
- CCCapacity and Performance AnalystVIC
- CCWorkforce Planning ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- TPSAP FICO Functional AnalystQLD
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperVIC
- CCVideo Conferencing - PABX , Cisco, Polycom and Nortel/AvaNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant - SYDNEY ROLE (baseline clearance)ACT
- CCWeb Optimisation AnalystNSW
- TPNetwork AdministratorWA
- FTPractice AdvisorACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Finance - CBDNSW
- FTService Lifecycle Management RepresentativeVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- CCProcess Analysts, Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTLead Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperACT
- CCAgile TesterNSW