A majority of enterprises have migrated to Windows 7 or are planning to do so. But for Windows XP holdouts ready to side-step Windows 7 for the upcoming Windows 8 OS, you are risking a gap in support, stresses research firm Gartner in a new "first ta...
Terry Marshall asked if he could move his old hard drive, unchanged, to his new home-built PC, boot his existing, "very stable" XP installation, and skip Windows 7 altogether.
Microsoft's Windows 7 took just three months to reach a penetration benchmark that Vista needed almost a year to make, Web measurement firm NetApplications.com said today.
Microsoft Tuesday confirmed that it will sell what it calls "upgrades" for Windows 7 to users running the aged Windows XP operating system.
Microsoft is giving system builders several more months to get Windows XP for their custom PCs, ensuring XP will be out in the marketplace until almost the scheduled release of Windows 7 in early 2010.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
- Check out our Father’s Day Gift Guide
- Stratasys unveils mega, robotic 3D printers to build large parts
- iOS 10 gives apps room to grow
- Google is bringing its Wi-Fi Assistant feature to all Nexus phones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTDB2 Systems ProgrammerWA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/SA/812Asia
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCSAP ABAP DeveloperNSW
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- CCSr. SQL Server DBANSW
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTSenior Test Analyst | End to End TestingNSW
- FTApplication AdministratorACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (CISCO/Firewall/Network) 160819/SA/423Asia
- CCSQL Database Administrator - DBANSW
- FTSAP BASIS HANA ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- CCJunior/Intermediate Drupal web developer - APS Level 4/5 equiACT