One ex-Sun Microsystems employee who will not be cashing an Oracle paycheck is XML co-inventor Tim Bray, who has opted instead to work for the Google.
Microsoft's XML-based office document format, OOXML, does not meet the requirements for governmental use, according to a new report published by the Norwegian Agency for Public Management and eGovernment (DIFI).
Microsoft today said that retailers can continue to sell unmodified versions of Word 2007, even though a court order that required the company to remove custom XML technology from the software took effect Monday.
An up-and-coming lightweight data interchange format for Web applications, considered by a growing number of people to be an alternative to XML, has gotten a boost from the standards body Ecma.
XBRL is a version of XML defined to meet the requirements of business and financial information. With XBRL, unique identifying tags are applied to financial data items.
When a judge halted the sale of Microsoft Word on Tuesday for infringing a patent, many of us wondered about the repercussions of this decision. The patent itself, for the creation of custom XML documents, seemed like an afterthought, and for good re...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
- Six quick steps to start a Digital Detox
- How to upgrade to Windows 10: What you need to know
- Alphabet will work with more auto makers on self-driving cars
- Intel has quietly snuffed out its Project Tango smartphone as it rethinks augmented reality
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst (NON-IT)WA
- FTSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- CCDirector - Technical Upgrade Program- Data migration, InfraNSW
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- CCProject Manager- transformation from SAP Oracle to SAP HANANSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- CCInformatica DeveloperNSW
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- FTProject Manager- Change ManagementSA
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160810/AP/662Asia
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCHR Contractor Retail ProjectVIC
- CCOracle Identity and Access Management Specialist-11Gr2 productsNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- CCSolution Architect - IntegrationSA
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA